1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

CONGRATULATIONS COLE!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Jimmy Lawrence, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Cole competed this year for the first time in Iowa's Masters Reproduction Fish division with a self casted Bluegill. He painted it following his tutorial he posted in the tutorial section. In fact, it was the same mold for both of these fish. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the MAGNIFICENT piece, but I know he does, and hopefully he will post it here.

Cole won the following:
    POLYTRANSPAR AWARD
    CHEM*ODDITIES AWARD FOR HIGHEST SCORING FISH IN THE SHOW
    MASTERS B.O.C. REPRODUCTION FISH
    FIRST PLACE MASTERS REPRODUCTION FISH
    AND THE SHOW CHALLENGE AWARD (BLUEGILL).

I am so proud of you my friend, at what you deserved ,and acheived. Im proud to call you a close personal friend, and hope you understand how great that fish was!!!!

Post pictures, as im sure you will see this tomorrow!!! I have lots of walleye to catch with Tim!! gotta go my friend,

Congrats again,
    Jimmy

2. dbl.thraot_patch

dbl.thraot_patch New Member

Iowa
    Congrats Cole, Once again this year, you brought some fantastic work. It was a pleasure talking and sharing a few drinks with you guys. I hope I make it to the Missouri show this year, that would be a great time. Once again congrats on a great show Cole!!

Let's not forget Jimmy either. Jimmy put on one heck of a fish painting seminar. I'm not really a fish guy, but Jimmy's method made me want to rush home and try to paint my own reproduction. Great Job Jimmy!!

3. Manny

Manny New Member

Congrats ! Cole

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Congratulations Cole. This doesn't surprise me, however, as your work is always exceptional.

5. dougp

dougp Active Member

Congratulations Cole! Great accomplishment!

6. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Congrats Cole. Pictures please.

7. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Congrats Cole! Would love to pics.

8. Congrats Cole! I look forward to seeing the pictures!

9. Congratulations Cole, Way to go!!!

10. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

The fish in the tutorial was pretty awesome, so I would definately like to see the comp fish!

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Thank you everyone so much. I was admittedly excited to score a blue ribbon my second try. I first tried competing in the Masters Division last fall, thinking "no biggie, it can't be that much different". Well, after scoring a 75 I realized it was going to be much harder than I'd anticipated. I owe nearly everything I've learned about fish in the last few years to this site, and the awesome people I've met on here. I've reached out to several guys here for suggestions and advice, Pete Harum, Gary Bruch, Rick Krane, Josh Knuth, Jimmy Lawrence, Jeff Lumsden and so many others have been soooooo helpful offering their time and knowledge getting nothing from me in return. (I do owe Pete a slab of ribs) Not to mention the awesome critiques I've gotten from judges at the shows I've attended. Mike Orthober, Don Frank, Mike Kirkhart, Gary Senk, and Dan Helmer have all taught me all kinds of things about fish anatomy that I likely never would have picked up on my own. Everyone has been great! Now it's time for me to hit the lake and catch my next show piece!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (I can't seem to figure out this fish photography thing, but you get the idea.)

12. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

very nice cole ! Congrats

13. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Congrats Cole !

Saweeet, well deserved!

:)

Kerby...

14. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Congratulations Cole! You are near the top of my list for the best all-around taxidermist on this entire website. We had a discussion about this in a group at the Ohio Show. Hats off!

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Wow, thanks. That's nice of you to say. I'm a long way from being as good as guys like Trashfish, but I'm trying to get better in the other areas.

16. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

CONGRATS Cole :eek:

17. sverhunce

sverhunce New Member

well cole i do congradulate you on a job well done. But still think you changed your score ha ha

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Hahaha, a bet's a bet. Maybe we can have a re-match at the MO show.

19. sverhunce

sverhunce New Member

I dont know if i can handle getting whipped two times.maybe the loser gets to pick the fish specie for next year

20. dbl.thraot_patch

dbl.thraot_patch New Member

Iowa
    lol, it's great to see you guy's side bets. It makes for some awesome work. I only wish I was good enough to bet along with you guys. But by the time I'm ready to get in the betting you guys will be judging it......lol