1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Steer Mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by double shovel, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

Hey Curtis, Congrats on your ribbons. Well earned and Very nicely done.

2. trapperfred

trapperfred New Member

nice did you cast your own form or buy one?

3. Awesome!

4. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

Great job

5. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Curtis, It was great to have you again. Hope you can come again next year. Great job, but I still shouldn't have put that mule deer next to that steer. ;D

6. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

I love it! And I want one!! Great job!!!

Fred Barilla

7. Congratulation. Beautiful job.

8. highlander

highlander "There can be only One"

Great lookin mount. Congrats on the ribbons. I have 3 in studio right now that i will post when complete....

[​IMG]

9. Nice. Awesome Job

10. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

I do have pics of the form before the hide but I have to load them up ,I will try and do that by tomorrow.The form was from Research,it was their straight form then I altered it heavily.I tried to cast my own septum but couldn't quite pull it off so I used an elk septum.
    Hey Fred,if you want one you can buy this one!The guy I bought him from has another one on the hoof that he is willing to sell but I have no room for it.

Paul,I am pretty sure we will make it back down next year,we have had fun both times we have been there and what I have learned from competing has done nothing but good.My wife and I agreed the only thing we would change for next year is to come kid-less!I enjoyed meeting new people and I am always amazed at how you can have mounts side by side with "competitors" and yet all the "competitors" are visiting and sharing ideas.It is amazing how each other help one another out,that means a lot to me.I also work in the oil patch here in Canada and if someone can steal an idea,stab you in the back or stomp you down they get ahead and it goes on and on.When you go to a function like this competition,it is a breath of fresh air for someone like me to see people having a good time.Thanks again to MTA for what you guys have done for me.

11. Curtis.......absolutely outstanding. I would love to see that steer in person. I am very happy for you and it just goes to show that if you work hard and continue to push yourself, you can accomplish anything. Your studio is going to start looking good with all those ribbons hanging on the walls. Hopefully, if everything goes well, my wife and I will join you and your wife next year......abit closer than the 42 hour drive across Canada to do the Canadians.

Once again, congrats from my wife and myself....really impressed with that piece. .............Marco

12. SD Cowgirl

SD Cowgirl New Member

That is an awesome mount!

13. TheShed

TheShed Member

It was great to meet you at the show and that piece was awesome. Thanks for sharing your pics of the process with me before packing up on sunday. Hope to see more pieces of yours in the future.
    Matt

14. tjaxtax

tjaxtax Member

Awesome mount!

15. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

This steer mount is one word: Outstanding !! I know it was a lot of work.
    Congrats on your ribbon !!

16. I LOVE the fur on the base. Very neat. :)

17. Racked-Out

Racked-Out Rack-em out

never thought i would like the look of a mounted steer, but that looks real clean and cool.

18. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

That is an awsome. Great job.
    Now it makes me want one to do.

19. That is the most gorgeous steer mount I have ever seen!

20. RB Hunt

RB Hunt New Member

That steer really looks great! I gotta do one of those someday. Best mount I have seen in a long time.