1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Can Switching To GEICO Really Save You 15% On Your Car Insurance?"

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by LordRusty, Apr 1, 2010.

1. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Did John Wayne have BALLS?
    These scenes are from my all-time favorite John Wayne movie - "Hatari!". Duke did all his own capture stunts!​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whoo! The man standing with the cane, was actor Bruce Cabot, "Jack Driscoll" in the original 1934 "KING KONG" - he was one of Dukes best friends, and co-starred in many of his movies.

Hmmm ... Maybe this should have gone in the Tutorial section! "How To Capture A Black Rhino ... Old School!" Hope you all enjoyed watching The Duke in action!

John.

2. Cygnet

Cygnet New Member

Utah
    I love that movie! When I was a kid, my grandpa and I would watch westerns on Saturdays. He loved the Duke. Can't imagine some of the actors we have today doing that!!

3. joeuhuh

joeuhuh New Member

i can just imagine john wayne following that rhino ona leash with a lil plastic baggy on his hand to pick up poo

4. Bowman

Bowman New Member

he was and is my hero! He is one of the few hollywooders who are what they potrayed!

5. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

good movie. i love The Duke!!
    thanks for posting LR

6. Furrtiv

Furrtiv New Member

Yeah, can't see any of the modern day pretty boys doing that! Then again, I don't think they'd be allowed to even if they wanted to.

7. LordRusty

Ohio
    No, no, nooooo ??? ... That's just WRONG! ;) ;D

John.

8. That was an all time great right there!!!

9. “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”

“A man's got to do what a man's got to do”

I'm the stuff men are made of”

Last but most relevant to today that the Duke said is this.

“somewhat troubled by the absence of a consistent policy governing our willingness to permit the President to participate in these private, commercial tributes . . . .”

10. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Did they have engine trouble and need to hook up a rhino?

Kind of reminds me of the "anti-Christ" in the Gods Must Be Crazy. :)

11. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

I discovered something neat about this post: If you adjust the size of your browser window to match the height of each frame, you can click in your scroll bar to see this action as a movie, kind of like a flip-book.

12. LordRusty

Ohio
    That's exactly what I was shootin' for when I made the post. To watch the actual movie is even MORE exciting, but I thought this would give everyone a taste of "Hatari!" Glad you all enjoy!

John.

13. why are they using a baby rhino and not a full grown adult...now that would take BALLS!

14. LordRusty

Ohio
    I wouldn't exactly call a three to four year old female Rhino a "baby". This was the way zoos and circuses acquired their animals back in the day ... from live capture programs in the wild. They wanted younger animals - prerrably those without youngsters - so they would have them in captivity for a long time, and have an animal of prime breeding age. This is how they collected the stock that were later able to start their "captive breeding" programs. That said, let's see you have the balls to do that!

So, just how many potentially danerous animals have you dealt with that weren't dead, and capable of grabbing you? ??? Pretty big talk, I'd say! ::)

My suggestion is ... watch the movie and see just how many times the Rhino jerked and reared its head up, just inches from Duke. ;)

So, until you do something like that, or climb into cages with a predator, don't think you have the place to doubt someone's "balls"! ;) To quote the Joe South song from 1970: "Walk a mile in my shoes - Yeah, before you abuse, criticize and accuse - Walk a mile in my shoes " Walk a mile in their shoes! Then tell us all ... how "easy" it was! :eek: ;)

John.

15. Rusty I used to walk a full grown female cougar for a rehab facility in oregon...as a matter of fact at one pointI was considering adopting her since we had bonded so well but I was moving to nebraska and their wildlife laws prohibits cougars as exotic pets...Had i stayed in oregon i would have been able to adopt and keep her.

16. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Back when harvesting unicorns for meat was still legal they were a booger to wrangle. They had to be brought in fresh.
    Those were the days.

17. LordRusty

Ohio
    Now that would have been cool! Too bad it couldn't work out for you.

John.

18. I know ....I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt its the coolest thing I have ever experienced in life....when she leaned into me and purred my whole body shook with the vibrations...and forget about the kisses...it was like being licked by sandpaper LOL...she was brought in as a baby and never adapted to being in the wild ...how i got to taking her for walks was a weird story in itself...i used to sit out in the "compound" area where they had her in a grassy area with a garage sized cage of course, and eat lkunch...i guess she got used to seeing/smelling me because after awhile she used to "mewl" at me like a baby kitten would...so i slowly started approaching her enclosure daily...one day getting right up to the fence where she took to rubbing her head aginst the fence in front of me...so i put my hand out for her to smell..she started licking it...then rubbed her head against my hand...

One of the supervisors saw what was happening (actually had been watching us for a few weeks) and she liked how I approached the animals...so she being one of the ones Sasha would allow into her enclosure, brought me inside where Sasha basically "adopted" me...from then on i became one of the three people to work one on one with Sasha...even got to meet Terry Raines who used to run a place called Cougar Country not far from the Wildlife Rehab

19. LordRusty

Ohio
    James, that is a great story, and I'll bet, even greater memories! What an honor it is to be allowed to enter "their world" ... they being the Big Cats! They just exude power, don't they? I remember when I used to enter the cages with the three African Lionesses I came to know - "Sissy", "Babe", and "Dee" ... "The Girls" - what it felt like to have these 350-pound Cats rub up against my legs ... just like any other Housecat but for the fact that I really had to brace myself to keep from being tumbled to the ground! I remember the power I felt as I held my hand against the side of their bodies as they passed alongside me ... the tight rippling muscles ... the absolute power and ability to cut me down in an instant. Very humbling! Then to have them rub their head against me, and do that "Lion Coo" that the bigger Cats are known for. It's the Lion version of the Tiger "huff". To be accepted like that, without any judgement, without any reservation. They didn't need any of these things ... they knew who, and what they were. These are the memories we never forget! These are the things that once you experience them, most others pale in comparison. To be "let in" is the highest honor I can think of. I'm glad to meet someone else who has had that in their life ... even if it's just in a format like this. It's something few can really understand ... or appreciate! All in all ... great memories to have! Glad you had that chance!

John.

20. gab

gab Active Member

when i was young,i remember watching a movie about Africa on TV.The scene I most remember is when a trackers new alarm watch went off,it spooked a herd of elephant and he was trampled to death.Anyone know what movie that was?