1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mount fish to antler

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by oagie, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Anyone ever mount a fish to an antler. I am working on a base with a Moose antler and wonder the best way to attach the replica.

Cheers.

2. Never mounted a fish to an antler but I would think you could just drill a hole in antler and countersink a screw into antler then into the fish and use some all game, or whatever apoxy clay you prefer to cover screwhead, then blend the color in with a small amount of paint.

3. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

i did. i anchored a wire through the for of the antler and the fish was good and solid

4. Sikk

Sikk Member

When I attach mammals, I use a threaded rod,I think I would do the same with a fish, paul

5. akairman

akairman New Member

i did this one using a wooden dowel with a bit of fiberglass resin on both ends.
    [​IMG]

6. Thanks all good advice. I should have been more specific. I am using a moose shed and it will be used in a base mount. So I will be mounting the fish somewhere within the palm. I don't want to drill right through the antler but there might not be much bone there. I may end up pre-drilling and epoxying a couple dowels into the antler to stabilize the fish.

Cheers.

7. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

If you use a piece of small flat stock steel and then epoxy it in, the mount won't spin on you. That way you will only need 1 attachment point.