1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

For all you bowhunters, your best wt with a bow

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Matt, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

This is my second muley 161 2/8. I also have a 185 but did not have a camera to take field pics :(

Attached Files:

2. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

This is the one in my avatar, taken last Nov. 4th, the day after my Dad passed. I like to think he had a hand in guiding this one to me. Scored 182 3/8. I had taken a 161 1/2 nine point five days earlier so it was a pretty good week I would say. He is going on a Coombs wall pedistal.

Attached Files:

3. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Yup, your dad was right by your side for that one! That is a beauty for sure !

4. RATTRAP

RATTRAP Don't laugh, deer think my head is an acorn!

Attached Files:

5. nice bucks everybody

6. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

The day after your Dad passed? Wow, what a story. Congrats on the deer. What state are you in?

7. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Here is my best from two years ago and only the second year of qdm on our property........they aged this deer at 2 1/2!!! :eek: 147 6/8 12 pointer with matching split g2's and kickers off each g2 as well. Brows are 6 4/8
    [​IMG]

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

This is great guys, and there are some brutes here! Dennis, you cheated!(LOL) Really nice, keep posting them!

9. 2006, He scored 160 and some change. Just got him mounted up this year.

Attached Files:

10. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

I am not trying to hijack this thread, but I wanted to explain why I was hunting the day after my Dad died. He was my biggest supporter, my hunting buddy, and my best friend. He fought a long 5 1/2 battle with thyroid cancer after being told he wouldn't live six months. After being in hospice care for his final two months he passed at noon on Nov 3rd. After spending the next morning organizing funeral arrangements I needed to clear my head. I have never found a better spot to do this than a treestand. I was reflecting on all the good hunts we had in the past, and giving him thanks for fueling the fire that burns in me for hunting. I couldnt help but feel he was with me that day. I was deep in thought when I heard a branch snap and caught sight of the big guy in a thicket. A few can calls and he came on a rope to 8 yards broadside. I was fortunate to make a good shot and watch him go down within 40 yards. It was a very emotional moment for me.

Here is my other buck from last year. I may never top last season but I am gonna enjoy trying. By the way this guy has an 8 1/4 eye to nose, doesnt leave a lot of options for forms!

And both of these bucks came from somewhere in Northern Illinois, and that is as much as I will narrow it down! ;D

Attached Files:

11. jmj

jmj Member

2008 PA 116 2/8 mounted it on a meder wall ped

Attached Files:

12. My best. Opening day of bow season 10-1-04. Grossed 161" and netted 158 4/8th. It was warm, so I had already shed the camo before taking the picture. That was a great year.

[​IMG]

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Not a monster, but my only bow kill in a photo. I failed to get the bow in the picture. I scored with a Darton SL50, and I used a Montec broadhead, the first year it was invented, I was friend and employee of the inventor back then. This was around 1999/2000 that I got this buck. My next bow shot photo will be of a crossbow kill.

Attached Files:

14. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Here's mine. 172 inch (gross) 9 pointer in Ohio --Nov. 8th, 2008. Killed after hunting a grueling 20 minutes!

[​IMG]

15. Here's mine. It's the one in my avatar. 176 5/8. I did a lifesize mount. This deer was pretty special to me. I watched him all summer on our farm. I probably sat with the spotting scope for 40 nights watching him in my field and then shot him opening weekend of archery.

Bruce

Attached Files:

16. NDNHunter

NDNHunter 2007 World Chamionships, Reno

2009 kill, central South Dakota. 198" gross. My biggest Whitetail with anything. ;)

Attached Files:

17. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

NDNHunter, that buck is awesome! i love the character of that rack! A lot of nice bucks everyone, great thread!

18. Here's my best bow buck taken in 2008. He came in at 17 yds at 7:05 am chasing a doe. Took him with a G5 Montec through the pump station and ran 100 yds. He grossed high 150's with an 8" drop- 16 scorable points.
    [​IMG]

19. dc240nt

dc240nt Lets Talk Big Bucks!!

Fillmore Co. MN 1991. Gross 161, net 155 3/8

[​IMG]

20. KansasBuck

KansasBuck New Member

This was mine Nov. 5th 2009 156 6/8. 23 yds. double lung. He ran 40 yds. got wobbly, staggered four steps to his right and dropped off of a 30' bank into a creek. Had to repel down the bank and lift him out with a highloader. The pic was taken down in the creek.

Attached Files: