1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

For all you bowhunters, your best wt with a bow

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Matt, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Hoyt4lyfe

Hoyt4lyfe New Member

Nov. 20, 2009 southwest Iowa. Has 7 5/8 and 6 4/8 brows and only 1/8 deduction on side to side mass measurements. Grossed 174 7/8 and netted 167 6/8. Cant wait to get him back from the taxi.

Attached Files:

2. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Some really outstanding bucks so far, and Matt what a beast of a deer to start it off with. It's been a while since I shot this, long before my hair started to thin out, and this last deer I took with a recurve. While the rack doesn't make book, it is the heaviest I've taken in Massachusetts, at 208 lbs dressed.

[​IMG]

3. redog76

redog76 New Member

Im with ERB and Huntnut, I got mine as my avatar cause I am proud of this boy!!! Got him this past Nov 4th, and brougth him in with a grunt. Not close to most of yalls, but my first P and Y. Hes Net 136. Its hard here in MD when you aint got any good spots!!! Great topic Matt!! The only part I hate about being a taxi is were always busy when the bowhuntin is best

[​IMG]

4. DCon

DCon New Member

[​IMG]

180 2/8" Net P & Y From Kentucky.

5. justin_b

justin_b Just sayin...

WI
    Awesome buck DCon!

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

Man, this thread just keeps getting better and better! Some really nice deer being posted. CJ, you are right on that, but you have to make some time to get out after them! The craziness only lasts a few days in the woods, but man is it worth seeing. Keep it up guys, this is great!

7. My avatar 2006 191 3/8 7 3/8 bases Thanksgiving weekend bowkill .

Attached Files:

8. CWP

CWP Custom Hardwood Plaques

Heres my 2 best bucks to date. The one on the left has a 24 5/8" inside spread and scored 115 2/8 huge body deer but on the downhill with no mass

The one on the right is my highest scoring buck at 129 7/8 nice 10 point and 7 1/2 brows

Attached Files:

9. Wow those are some massive bases....thanks for posting everyone those are some nice buck....good idea on the thread Matt.

10. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Here is mine. Eland from Zimbabwe 2000. It was 3rd in the world at that time I think it is 6th now.
    Ralph
    [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

She had a 19 1/4 ear tip to ear tip spread and neck length was 35 3/4in. ;D
    Really this is my one and only bow kill, but everyone else has some awsome deer. Keep this thread going. ;)

12. D.C.O

D.C.O Dreamcatcher Outfitters & Taxidermy

Shot this one at 6' yes 6'! in a standing corn feild while chasing a doe.[​IMG]

13. mountn

mountn New Member

11/06/09 Southern Md.
    [​IMG]

He must of taken an A$$ whoopin the night before, his right eye was almost swollen shut and one of his kicker points was freshly broken.

14. I already posted my best archery deer - here is my first archery deer. October 2, 1987. My first year bowhunting and my 3rd night in the tree. 166 gross. What a way to get started!

Bruce

Attached Files:

15. det81

det81 Member

My first nice buck with a bow. My wife made the picture in 02 just messing around (girlfriend at the time) I have since taken a few good ones with the bow. Well good for Pennsylvania.

[​IMG]

16. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

My best buck to date. Nov. 4th 2009.
    140" Gross, 13 point. 8 1/2" base

Mike

Attached Files:

17. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

Nice buck Mike

18. redog76

redog76 New Member

Man I gotta get to IowA.....

19. zubba

zubba Active Member

We don't have any deer here in Iowa anymore. They all got shot last year. ;D

20. WVUPRIDE

WVUPRIDE New Member

175 1/8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]