1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

For all you bowhunters, your best wt with a bow

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Matt, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Matt----

This was a great topic !! Here is a picture of me, my cousin, and one of my best friends. This was my best buck with a bow (or anything as far as that goes). I am in the middle, my buck scored 141, my buddy is on the right, his buck scored 157, and my cousin on the left, his scored 146. All 3 of us are from PA, and we went on a semi guided hunt in Morgan county Illinois, and all three of us brought back our largest bucks to date !!

[​IMG]

2. mimes

mimes Member

can you say SLOBS..........

3. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

Now that's a good hunting trip

4. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

2008 bowkill. I didn't take pictures of the one I got this year. This year's scored 159 6/8. I never scored this one.

Attached Files:

5. nice bucks everyone lets keep this post going.

6. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

Jimmy L that's a hog

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

Bob, that is a group of pigs right there, nice job! Jimmy, what did that buck weigh? He is a brute! Great mass to. I guess I am going to break out some more pics! Great animals guys!

8. Yeah you guys keep saying Iowa, and Illinois that's fine.

Me and the guys of Ohio are more than happy to keep Ohio to ourselves.

We'll just keep knocking them down and hangin them up!

[​IMG]

My best and first with a bow, I have other crossbow bucks but this past year was the first time with a compound.

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

Nice one Rudy! Love the character on that one. Here's a field photo from this past season, and one I shot back in 2006. Both are in the mid 150's.

Attached Files:

10. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

Matt, I've seen many deer like that from Ohio, that's average at best for your parts AND JUST NOT FAIR!!!! lol

Nice deer!

11. Very nice animals Matt!

12. redog76

redog76 New Member

Killed all 3 things of these in one day last year with my Mathews. Does this count as extra credit Matt?????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. CWP

CWP Custom Hardwood Plaques

Great choice of beer CJ!!

14. ShawnK

ShawnK Don't take criticism to heart, it's a free lesson

My 2009 bow kill

[​IMG][/URL][/img]
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]
    Great Photos Everybody ;D

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Its the biggest bodied deer I've ever killed or had come into my shop. Not my biggest set of antlers, but right up there. He was my first buck with a bow, and that was my first year bowhunting. measured 8x24x27 or something like that.

Southwest Iowa has great deer. But lately, more and more presure, and leasing from out of state hunting clubs :-\ . but thats the way of the world.

16. Ok this is my best so far with a bow, nothing to brag about but it was a good hunt and my plan came together. I got him on halloween at 2:00 PM and had been sitting in the tree since 5:00 AM. Nice double lung shot, pass through and he never even flinched, I actually thought I missed until I saw him wobble and fall over.
    [​IMG]

The one below is my best with a gun, one of the fist I mounted (I'm not showing the finished version) as soon as I find the right cape he's getting re-done.
    [​IMG]

The next one I hunted all year last season but he is way smarter than I am, and never moved in daylight. Maybe next year!!

[​IMG]

17. totalcomfort

totalcomfort New Member

not as big as most on here but not to bad

Attached Files:

18. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

08 Nebraska buck, spot and stalk. Shot him at about noon on opening day. Silly thing bedded on a side hill with his nose in the wind! Oops. now i just need a really nice cape to remount him on, if i had only known then what I know now :-\

Attached Files:

19. NAV

NAV Frontier Taxidermy

Here is my 09 Nebraska buck. Not the biggest but the most respected buck I've taken. I had trail cam pictures of the guy all summer long and early part of the bow season but only seen him twice while hunting. I was specifically after this buck all season. I hunted hard for him and finally connected on November 1st, called him in to within 20 yards. He had a 27" in neck!

Attached Files:

20. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

Nice NAV! Couple of those tines look forked like a mule dear?