1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Duck feet ?

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by cooper669, Apr 5, 2010.

1. cooper669

cooper669 New Member

I did a search and couldn't find what I the answer. What material is best to use for casting duck feet? I want to be able to adjust/bend the toes to conform to whatever position necessary.

2. Sarge

Sarge A little too much Lord *hic*

Not an expert by any means by I would think any of the standard polymers used for casting could be repositioned by placing in hot water to evenly soften them up and the shape and let cool should work. Iw ould experiment with the temp and see what happens.

Jeff

3. Innovative polymers has some good stuff. Maybe their 3025 translucent material. I know that the fish guys use it to make fins out of and they use a heat gun to heat the material and put slight bend in it.

Maybe Mike Bush will chime in and give more information for you. Or, look him up on the members list.

4. cooper669

cooper669 New Member

Thanks I'll have to try IP, their site shows that they also have a white version with the same properties.

5. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

Cooper,
    the nice thing about the 3025 is that it is easy to tint to a base color to begin with, which makes painting the feet a liitle easier. The 3030 will work also just heat to shape either one.