1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Idaho Taxidermists Association Convention 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by John Panter, Apr 8, 2010.

1. John Panter

John Panter New Member

June 3rd through 5th, 2010
    The 11th Annual <A HREF="http://idahotaxidermistsassoc.com/">Idaho Taxidermists Association</A> Convention & Competition
    Red Lion Hotel, Lewiston, ID
    Contact Terry Bennett at (208) 461-3155 or visit the <A HREF="http://idahotaxidermistsassoc.com/">ITA website</A>.

The Idaho Taxidermists Association's annual convention will be June 3-5, 2010 in Lewiston, Idaho at the Red Lion Hotel. Call 208-799-1000 or
    1-800-232-6730 for reservations which are $80 per night. Hotel address is 621 21st St Lewiston, ID 83501.

We are proud to have Shawn Dawson as our gamehead and lifesize mammal judge and Cory Caruthers as our bird and fish judge. Each will also be giving a seminar. In addition we have a seminar on using and interpreting reference material and are in the process of putting together one more outstanding seminar. I will update this when it is finalized.

We hope to see you all there!

2. John Panter

John Panter New Member

This year's challenge specimen is the bobcat. So everyone that competed in the taxi net bobcat challenge you already have your piece ready! Hope to see you all in Lewiston!

3. kirk

kirk Member

I thought the person that won the challenge last year was allowed to pick next years subject and he picked a Green Winged Teal Is the Idaho ass. changing the rules in the middle of the stream without asking last years winner I would like to know?

4. John Panter

John Panter New Member

Some changes were made, you are welcome to attend a board meeting if you would like further clarification, we have one on May 2.

5. kirk

kirk Member

I use to be on the board but with other obligation I could no longer give the ITA the time and effort they needed but it just seems the ITA is heading down the same road as the NTA by changing the rules after the fact instead of before or asking all people involved. If in fact the gentleman that won the challenge last year picked a Green Winged Teal and that was part of the prize for winning it why was it changed or he consulted in this matter it only seems right wouldn't you agree?

6. John Panter

John Panter New Member

Kirk, nobody said the ITA is perfect, but the ITA always works hard to improve. One of the many positive attributes of the ITA is that it is acutely aware of any mistakes and I assure you, will not make the same mistake twice. If you would like to talk about this further, or not, please come to the board meeting on May 2 and we will hear what you have to say and try to come to a resolution.

7. kirk

kirk Member

No thanks on the offer to come to the board meeting you have seem to have made up your mind to change the challenge animal and I have made up my mind to spend my convention money at other state shows that stick to the rules and honor what they say. I hope the ITA has a great turn out and can get back on track.

8. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    Kirk,

That would be my fault. I was the one that mistakenly told Brad Cobb ( the winner of last years challenge) that he could pick this years challenge. Several years ago the board decided to rotate the challenge each year so that it did not end up being stuck on one category. Historically if a mammal taxidermist wins they pick a mammal, and if a bird taxidermist wins they pick a a bird etc. etc.

The year previous to last years show we were the host of the western regional and the winner of the challenge at that show was allowed to pick the challenge for the next western regional. I had forgotten about the challenge rotation from the last state show and when Brad won the challenge I asked him what he wanted the 2010 challenge to be. He picked a green wing teal.

I spoke with the rest of the board at the last meeting and It was decided that since some people have probably already started on
    green winged teal for the challenge it would probably be good to also include the Green winged teal as a separate challenge.

The board voted unanimously to do so.

Long story short I screwed up, and I am sorry if this has caused any problems for those who were planning on entering a piece in the taxidermist challenge.

Just to clarify there will now be two taxidermist challenges 1. a Lifesize Bobcat and 2. A Green winged teal.

There is a fee of $20 to enter either of the challenges, and the Winner with receive half the pot.

Hope to see you all in Lewiston.

9. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Idaho Show was GREAT!

Wanted to say thanks to Terry, Carol , Al and all the others ( I cant remember all the names....LOL) that put there time in to put out a great show for us in Lewiston, ID this weekend.
    You are all great people and made us newcomers feel welcome and wanting to participate all the harder next year. Im looking forward to Boise and im all ready planning some new pieces.

Got to see some folks from the OR Shows and get caught up with them and got to me some folks from the Taxi Net that are just no longer digital contacts but now i consider friends. Thanks for a great time every body and I hope to see some of you down in KFalls for the Western Regionals

Jeremy Keene

10. Re: Idaho Show was GREAT!

Jeremy, you beat me to it. It WAS a fantastic show and Terry Bennett and his crew made all of us feel welcome and made sure we all had a great time. Carol you work too hard!LOL I never did see you take a break. We did make some new friends and it was especially nice to meet the members of Taxi.net that were there and put a face to a screen name. Jeremy I would have preferred to keep your face hid behind your screen name, but that is another story. LOL ;D ;D

Thanks again everyone and I will be back next year in Boise.

John

11. Skip Miller

Skip Miller New Member

Re: Idaho Show was GREAT!

Hey John and Jeremy,

I gotta know something.....now that these folks have met you and where able to put a face to the name.....are they still talking to you.......LOL

I just couldn't pass this up.....it was too easy.......LOL

Congrats on a great show!!!!!

12. fineart

fineart New Member

Skip,why didnt you come up and see us ? Scared we wont let you in the state or what? Ron

13. John Panter

John Panter New Member

I am glad you guys had fun! We had a great time too! I want to thank our judges Shawn Dawson and Cory Caruthers for doing an outstanding job. These guys work really hard, are very knowlegdeable and care a lot about what they do. I also want to thank Research Mannikins and Mark for coming all the way up to Lewiston and supporting the Idaho Association. We had a great seminar sponsored by Research given by Bill Lancaster on gamehead anatomy, this will make you think a little differently the next time you are mounting a head for someone. If you get a chance to go to this seminar I highly recommend it. Thanks to everyone who came out and we hope to see you all next year in Boise!

14. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho

I am glad that you all enjoyed the show. I want to thank everyone for coming it is really the participants that make a great show.
    We had a great turnout, and I am sure that we will return to northern Idaho for a show again in the future.

Next years show will be at the Double tree riverside hotel in Boise on June 9th-11th.

Hey Ron, I think Skip was scared to wear one of those Hawaiian shirts in north Idaho. LOL

15. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Crap you blew our cover Skipster, they thought we were pretty good guys but now that they know were in Ca-hoots with you not sure will get to go back...LOL

16. fineart

fineart New Member

John,you are right,Carol dose work too hard. Terry,there is something not quite right about a guy that dresses like that.

17. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

It was all great !!! And especially to meet the guys( and gals) you talk to on this screen , shake their hand , see there work in person. The guys behind all the seminars and the setup. The guys that don't go to these shows don't know what a great time an opportunity they are missing. Hope to see you in OR . Going to have to find a shirt though ??? or a grass skirt~!!!! Jay

18. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Jay,
    It was nice to meet you.
    Good luck in Oregon! ;)

Shawn

19. Re: Idaho Show was GREAT!

You da ho, Jeremy! How'd ya do?

20. Re: Idaho Show was GREAT!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it down. Any pics or award winners list?