1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

bad dealings with gatordun

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by snowman623, Apr 8, 2010.

1. My patience is gone. Here's the story. Sold her 2 copperheads for total with shipping $49.80. She used one said the other one was no good. It had wrinkled skin I had noticed but thought it was from freezing. She was using them for reproductions so I should have realized it might not work, just didnt think. So I sent her a replacement no charge and I paid shipping. It was a perfect snake like others I had sold with no problems. She said it was no good. I told her I couldn't send anymore because they all looked the same and I was beginning to doubt her. I asked her to pay $30 for one and shipping of $7.80. This was 6 to 7 months ago. She said she had mailed $35 which I later found she had lied and had mailed no payments. I sent several pm's she ignored except one she begged me not to do a bad post and said she would get a payment sent. That was 1 to 2 months ago. She has sold reproductions on here and can't even pay me $37.80. I even saw where she tried to sale one of the copperheads I had sent her. I'm out 3 snakes and 2 shipping charges. I thought I was very fair and patient. Doesn't look like I'll be getting any money so I give up.

2. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.
    Hey sounds like you did your part, all you can do is pass on the information so others don't make the same Mistake. It's just to bad the good guy always seems to lose money on the deal. Remember you can still sleep at night!!

3. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

I have no problem saying gatordun had me save out some special order items, said ck in the mail. not just was interested, CK IN THE MAIL, after quite a few back and forth pm`s making deal, getting address and arranging payment bla bla. time went by, it never came, never came, then he/she whatever wouldn`t return emails or pm`s. I eventually sold the items elsewhere, but it cost me a lot of time and delay. time is the one thing I can never replace or buy.

4. lela_bow

lela_bow New Member

i had an issue with this person also.
    i was going to buy something from them and ithey told me i had to send it through paypal as a gift.
    i explained i wasnt at all protected that way and didnt want to be involved in fee avoidance and when i sent payment they sent it right back to me and ask me again to send it as a gift.
    i stopped talking to them after that. seemed too shady.

5. runingun

runingun New Member

Just bought a snake from him/her and everything went OK.Maybe I got lucky this time.

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

ive had multiple dealings with him in the last few weeks and all went totaly fine. actually some of the best dealings ive had on here!!!!!!

7. Chad C

Chad C Member

It was probably one of the free snakes.

8. honeybadger

honeybadger New Member

He ripped me off too! I purchased a horse skull from him on January 20, and all he has done is give me a song and dance about how it needs to be degreased some more, or he needs to repair the teeth and put it back together, you know the usual lines of BS Two weeks ago he said he was sending it the next day.....yeah, still waiting. IMHO, I would NEVER do business with this guy again! I guess I've just been very lucky to do business some SERIOUSLY AMAZING PEOPLE, like Patrick J., or Pete Sterling or Marty Prater. I would give this guy two emphatic thumbs down. Karolyn (honeybadger)

9. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

if a person wants to steal for 3%, I`d imagine it`s a given what they would do for 100%.

10. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

Ya hit it on the head--Bob

11. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Sounds like enough bad dealings to give me reasonable doubt........added to my Word document of people to not deal with.

12. honeybadger

honeybadger New Member

See the message two posts previous to this. What a tool. And I'm out $130. Honeybadger

13. Thanks for the info, will not be buying from him/her or what ever the hell it is.

14. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Member

West
    Must be guilty if that's all she can say for herself. She doen't even want to attempt this one. :-X

15. GATOR DUN sounds like a loser!

16. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Bob has probally experienced more of this than any other seller, I'll take it and sending the money right out...you hold the item, while the buyer never comes across.
    I've experienced it as well as a seller. You hold a specimen, waiting on the$$ holding out and losing the chance at another potential sale. It sucks. Guess there are too many wishers that can't come up with money after they have made a commitment to buy.

17. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Member

West
    Isn't that the truth. Its even worse when they keep acting like it should have came and it still never shows up. I've had a few of these buyers.

18. honeybadger

honeybadger New Member

Sorry, I need to make a correction, that was so kindly pointed out to me by gatordun. I'm only out $73.00. Honeybadger

19. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

Sounds like he/she isn't losing any sleep at night. Time to let the honeybadger out of the cage huh....LOL

20. You are still out though, people like gatordun ruin it for the good people. Sorry to hear about this. Times are tough already and then shady people have to steal from a good honest hard working person. If we could still cut off hands for stealing, there would be a lot less