1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Before and after the harvest pics.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by sergeant133, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Does anyone have any pics of the same deer before the deer was taken, such as trail cam, and the after harvest pic. I have a customer who shot a very respectable deer but he took his how measurements which I explained mean nothing to me. I explained how the measurements worked and he just didn't seem satisfied. I also explained the after harvest pic, with the neck in a severe twist, does not reflect the alive posture. The neck may actually look much bigger in the harvest pic. So just to show him this if anyone has one of each on a deer they post them so I can relay the information.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

If I ever get a customer that thinks he/she knows what size their neck should be when they get it back, I would deliberately go by a cape snake and make it a 50 inch neck and mount it that way.

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

Well honestly, it is what it is. I have had a few guys mention that when they pick up their mount. After explaining some simple anatomy and how muscles actually work, they seem to get it. If they don't, then I don't know what else to say but shoot a bigger deer next time!(LOL) Most field photos are taken while the animal is lay on it's side with the rack in hand. The neck will stack and compress, looking alot bigger than it really is. I hope it works out for you.

4. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

I think I can get ya some, but it will pri be a week or so...

5. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

i lied, I dont have any trail cam pics of the deer before it was taken, but I did just post my archery buck in that thread, and i realized you can really see the skin stacking in the pic, because of the early season short haired cape... for what thats worth

Attached Files:

6. Wild Images

Wild Images New Member

Didn't get a live pic before I shot this fellow but he looked like a steer standing there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Not the before & after photos your looking for, but here is what happens to every cape that you skin out. The final size is after tan, after shaving, and after stretching. So the size it was when it was live walking generally isn't what you end up with.

Attached Files:

• size.jpg
      size.jpg
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
  8. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

that is an awesome buck man! how big was the neck on that deer?

9. cooper669

cooper669 New Member

Wild Images, that deer is a hawg. How much did it weigh?

10. WVUPRIDE

WVUPRIDE New Member

Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope this helps

11. Wild Images

Wild Images New Member

300 + lbs
    28" at the ears
    33" three inches down
    Haven't had time to put him on the wall yet

12. buckmaster14

buckmaster14 Sometimes you get lucky...

Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]
    Killled a couple months later- After
    [​IMG]

13. Racked-Out

Racked-Out Rack-em out

Im glad some people have trail cameras that work.... I cant seem to ever get good picts like those.

14. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

awesome buck wild images. same to you wvupride!

15. tsprings

tsprings New Member

I'm just a hunter that's been lurking here, but I thought I'd share some pictures that might help you out.

These were all taken on the same morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The first picture was taken on about Nov 1 and the kill shot was Nov 20

18. Thanks for the pics all. I think I can get my point across now

19. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Maybe this will help you out.

Before:[​IMG]
    After: [​IMG]