1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

LORD RUSTY here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by mooser, Apr 9, 2010.

1. I have seen you post your "Air Fox" a few different times challenging people to pull it off. Was looking at George Dante's web site and found it. So here you go.

[​IMG] ENJOY http://wildlifepreservations.com/aboutus.html

2. hoytusa

hoytusa New Member

awesome mount!!!!

3. Wow, that is some amazing work on the website link

4. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Okay, before this turns into something ugly ... I never, repeat NEVER challenged anyone to anything. That's not what I'm about ... I don't play those or any games on here.

A question was posed by someone wanting to mount a Red Fox in a pouncing pose:
    "I have looked threw countless suppliers and still can't find one that is close to what I am looking for. If anyone knows where I can find a red fox completely in the air (mousing) not on his back legs starting the jump but rather completely in the air almost to the point where he is about to come back down. I have no carcass so casting is out of the question. Thanks for any help.
    regards, Geno"

I have the photo in my file, and posted this:
    "I'd love to see you pull this off!"
    [​IMG]
    There, now it's changed to ... "I'd love to see you pull this off!" It's more along the lines of offering help, by offering up a photo of a live Red fox in the pose described. It was never a "challenge". I then went on to post images of a suggested mannikin in the pose in the photo. I had absolutely no idea one existed in a museum setting ... but being in a diorama, I'm not surprised it does exist! ;) Like the guys from T.A.P.S. always say ... I'm here to help!

At any rate, I am very glad you found a mount like that. Thanks for posting the image! ;) ;D

John.

5. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

thats an awesome pose, some day I will take that "challange" :)

6. OH MY GOD!
    That place is my dream job!!!!!!

unreal work in there.

7. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    cool website

8. Sounds like a challenge to me. lol

I mean no disrespect, but me personally took that as a challenge and SOMEDAY will mount a fox like that. Making it a challenge is not a big deal, it pushes people to get creative. Might be ten years down the road, but I think it would be a very neat mount to pull off.

Josh, i hear ya. I am sure the with amazing stuff you are pulling off probably would not have an issue getting a job there if you were willing to relocate to NJ. I am having issues on finding iredecent greens, purples etc. Can you just mix the iredecent base into the colors themselves?

9. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Well, now it's been officially changed to "I'd love to see you pull this off!". And like I said ... I don't play those "challenge" games ... on here, or anywhere. I don't believe in them. I'm a little too old to play "I dare you!" ... did that when I was a kid, and it wasn't all that much fun then either. I don't let people push - or challenge - me into anything, and I don't believe in pushing other people into doing anything. People do what they do because they want to. If you have to be "challenged" it won't be by me. What can I say, it's a quirk in me ... one of many. So, I amended my statement, and there is stands. Done and done ... easy peasy. ;)

Take care,
    John.

10. bluetaxi69

bluetaxi69 New Member

Mooser; such a great website thanks for sharing.

11. I was just scrolling through some posts and blew right past that before my brain recognized that photo looked familiar! Thanks guys, glad you like the site so far...still a work in progress.

Josh, your work is outstanding, I've always admired it. If you're ever in the area, be sure to come and visit.

George