1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Called WASCO to buy some Lutan, and they sold me on Krowtann...???

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Blane, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    If you
    If you do a little research you would find that I mentioned before that I have never used JRTS . That is why I asked George about it.

2. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

More like diesel fuel..lol..maybe that's the SECRET ingredient that makes this love potion so effective. :-X ;D

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Research? I don't have time for that crap!

4. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Neither do I !!!

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LMAO Heath, much earlier in my discussions with Tom King I admitted that JRTS, without a pickle, was not a tan either but a "preservation method". I've used Glen Conley's Stop Rot to "preserve" a hide that mounted really well and still looks as good as I'm capable of doing.

Matt, that's hardly any proof of anything. I know people who swear dipping them in denatured alcohol or powdering them with DP or spraying on a liquid "tans" hides, but at some point there has to be an established "standard" of what a "TAN" entails. I recall an analogy by Bill Yox on pressure tanning some years back that if you just threw eggs, flour and milk into the oven and turned it on, would you really expact a cake to come out when it was finished?

6. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Then you are doomed to repeating the mistakes of those before you....

7. Lutan has changed over time. invented by the Germans during WW II. BASF Corp.

8. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Thank you George.
    JRTS & Spray Tan are the only two methods I haven't tried. Oops, I take that back, never tried(& never will, haha) arsenic. ;D

9. What are you referring to?

I don't claim to know whether or not KT is a "real" tan... I DO claim that from all the information that I have gathered, KT "seems" to be a suitable method of preserving hides for taxidermy...that's all...

10. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I am still shocked that George thinks JRTS is "fresh smelling". That stuff about makes me puke.

11. Blane

Blane New Member

My son rides on the short bus ! But fortunately we both poke fun at that. It's all in how you take it. Even those comments aren't going to make me loose sleep on all the ignorant useless arguing that goes on here. Im here to be apart of it all and try to get a litte educated while here...

12. Memory Maker

Memory Maker New Member

Rick Carter was really pushing Krowtann during his seminar at The Iowa Taxidermy Show.along with his new DVD.I bought the DVD but have not tried the Krowtann.The tan may be fast but WASCO has very slow service.It took two weeks for them to ship two DVDs.So I see why the sell such a fast tan.It is to help us catch up,due to there slow service.Not to mention the last time I used WASCO,my credit card number was stolen and used at Kroger in several Geogian city's.

13. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

WTF are you talking about? I have never had any problems with WASCO. I call in my orders and talk to a sweetheart who makes sure I get what I need and it gets to me in good time. If you have that much of a problem, order the stuff BEFORE you need it so you have it on hand.
    And I highly doubt it was their fault your credit card # was stolen. I use a card when I order from them and never had any problems there either. If we were talking about TASCO I could understand, but not WASCO.

14. The smell does not bother me I mix it up out side put cape in and put a lid on it and bring it back inside ;D

15. If you are sniffing Krowtann, maybe you need to stop or see the post about taxidermist and suicide. Seriously keep it covered