1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail score and age

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Vince Spellane, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Just curious of what everyone thinks this whitetail may score and best guess at age.

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    3 1/2 hard to say what state is it from?

3. Pennsylvania, by the way I don't know what he did score because he is still out there but I hope to tell you sometime next season :)

4. TROPHY SHACK

TROPHY SHACK Phillip cole

high 120s 3half

5. Racked-Out

Racked-Out Rack-em out

I think your real close there Mike on score form that angle of picture... Age is a hard one to judge on that deer. Looks pretty thick of a buck. I would say a mature deer, but to how old???? 4 1/2??? I've killed bucks that size around here in North Idaho and have found sheds from the bucks in the previous years.. So antler size really isnt a good enough judge. As for how much bigger that buck will be this year??? I would say pretty close on spread. Maybe a little bigger on mass and Tine length, but highly doubt any more frame points.

6. I know I wish I had a side shot to getter a better idea of his profile to get a better idea of age. I'm thinking he only has about a 16-17" spread, but I bet those tines are about 10", I would guess 3.5 - 4.5 year old in mid 130's. Thanks for the input.

7. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Not sure of age... but he's got a sweet pair of sunglass's!

8. Buck Deer

Buck Deer Member

KY
    134 and 4 1/2

9. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

I like these games, but I like to know how close I am! id call it 4.5 and 140 ballpark. thats a complete guess

10. JOtaxi

JOtaxi Member

130-135 4 1/2

11. bullbuster

bullbuster New Member

Hard to say how long those mains are from the front....but they look good. If I needed to shoot right there I would call him at 135-140. Put the pin on him and let him walk. He is only 3 1/2 but has A LOT of potential....he needs two more years. Three really but he aint walkin in two, arrows are a flyin ;D.

12. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

3 1/2 135 would be my guess

13. 4.5 and 128

14. dipper

dipper New Member

I would bet somewhere around 130. He looks like he has some pretty decend mass, a 3.5 or 4.5...not sure. Get him this year, and let us know!

15. mid 30's ,3 1/2

16. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I'll tell you one thing I'm positive about: he's one old assed deer to have survived that long in Pennsylvania.

I'd say mid to high 130's at 4.5

17. Your 100% correct on that one George, he's a smart one and was completely nocturnal last season as far as I know.

18. KClem

KClem New Member

127-130; 3.5 year old...he's got potential

19. I would guess 3.5 and 130 gross.

If he's only a 3.5, he might add 10 to 20 inches by this fall.

20. 3.5 134 gross 130 to 128 net you will no the age if you get a pic of the buck this year from 2.5 to 3.5 horns get longer 3.5 to 4.5 mass gets biger horns do get longer but not big jump. but thats the deer in my area im a big shed hunter