1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Cougar, still wet

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Hillbilly Andy, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Hi there! This is my first cougar. It is still wet, any suggestions would be welcome. I am pretty happy with the results so far. Thanks, Andy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice pose and mount. I would card those ear edges before they dry like that.

3. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

Same here. Work on the ears. Symmetry and edges. Nice cat. :)

4. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

X2

5. Wild Images

Wild Images New Member

How did you like the form ? Summit taxidermy by John Gordon ?

6. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

Very nice cat

7. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    That's a VERY nice cougar! You should be proud for your first! Other than the ears, the first thing that jumped out at me was the tail junction with the body. Just keep in mind that the tail is an extention of the spine and should flow smoothly off the back. Your's isn't bad, just a little bent and wavy near the base of the tail.

You have a great head start though, because you have most of the hard parts down! Keep up the good work, Daniel

8. looks sweet

9. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

Anybody know what form that is on?

10. cooper669

cooper669 New Member

Very nice cat, too bad we can't have 'em in CA.

11. Thanks guys. I carded the ears. Should look better. Thanks for the tail pointers Daniel. The cat is mounted on a summit form by John Gordon. I loved it! Everything fit where it was supposed to. I went down to pick it up from John, and spent a couple of hours there with him. He gave me many pointers that helped me a bunch. I sure learned a lot! What a great guy he is to take the extra time to teach me and help out. Would definately recomend his forms to anyone!