1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Mule deer critique"

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by brigham boy, Apr 14, 2010.

1. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Still wet what to change????? ???

Attached Files:

2. brigham boy

utah
    jj

Attached Files:

3. brigham boy

utah
    one more pic

Attached Files:

4. KClem

KClem New Member

Hard to tell for sure, but in the third photo it looks like there's a gap by the left antler burr. Check the bottom edge of the nose, the fourth photo shows it to be higher on the deer's left side...then where the nose ends and the hair starts it drops down fast...maybe a lip tucking issue. Also check the front of the chin area, judging by the hair pattern the center is off to the left by about 1/4 inch or so. The deer's right upper eyelid has a bit more of a squared off shape to it than the left one when looking at the first photo. The first photo also shows something with the right brow area, but adjusting the upper lid shape may correct that. The hair on the shoulders in the sixth photo seems like it should be groomed down a bit more as opposed to back.

Overall nice mount

5. brigham boy

utah
    thanks for the input.. after staring at this thing all day it helps to have someone else look at it. It was one of those frustrating, feel like giving up days..

my standards are way above my skill level. im rarely happy with a mount :-X

6. Gary A

Gary A N. West Taxidermy 208-404-9706

One thing for sure...the ears aren't going anywhere. That's a lot of hardware! gary

7. brigham boy

utah
    lmao i know.. those suckers pinch tight