1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkeys of the year 2010

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by AOTaxi, Apr 15, 2010.

1. highlander

highlander "There can be only One"

Thanks Hoss. This little man here is the joy of my life as he goes and does everything with me, no matter what it is. My wife and i will be traveling back to Guangzhou China this summer to bring home our daughter. Isn't she adorable and favors me too....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Highlander, congrats on your family!!!

That is how I am with my Bigpoppa, I went everywhere and did everything with him. I got away with ALOT when I was younger.

I wish you the best with your family! You are a great man for what you are doing.

3. I got lucky this morning. 20lb, 10"beard 3/4 spurs. He tore up poor frank my decoy. I think I have to build another one, poor frank has been pounded the last 4 years. But it is fun to watch. Even got it on video.
    Jim

Attached Files:

4. matchbook454

matchbook454 Member

I got my second bird oof the season Sunday and my buddy got his first bird ever. I got him hooked on turkey hunting now. My bird was 18.5 lbs, 3/4" spurs and 9.5 beard. His was 19.5 lbs, 7/8" spurs, and 9" beard. Both shot in IL
    [​IMG].
    [​IMG]

5. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

jeromy, looks like you have a few good ones to choose from. Im not so sure i will have time to get out. but i may skip town sunday to try. you going to bring me any this year. might have to take a business trip and while im at it take a bird for myself. lol

6. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

well i couldnt go out opening day, but got out sunday and had this big guy come in at 7:10. For those of you that dont have a full strut decoy it was worth everypenny. last year had one come in to my decoy with in 20 mins. Just like last year this guy left his hens running at that decoy ready to fight. Something spooked this guy and he starting heading away and he got in to some thick stuff and his head was the only thing i could see and my new gun did it again. The 3 1/2 lead shot threw the extra full turkey choke knocked him down. Not one pellet hit below the head and he is going to make a great mount, 19 lbs nine inch beard but only 3/4 in spurs. I had a customer dope off a monster turkey with a double(yes double) nine inch beard and weighed 22 pounds. Can't wait to get that one finished.
    [​IMG]

7. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

bob If I take in any you will get them. Just let me know if you can

8. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

jeromy, im ready.

9. RTtaxidermy

me too I seen 6 long beards yesterday but they hung up with hens
    let me know what day you want to come an I will see if that day works for me
    Jeremy

10. Here is the turkey I shot while being filmed this year for a DVD from T.O.G. Outdoors. It weighed in at 22.3 pounds and had a 10 inch beard and 7/8 inch spurs. He came in with another big tom spurred my decoy "Terrible Terry" once before I put him down for the count. It made great footage for sure. Look for the DVD to come out sometime this fall.
    Curtis

Attached Files:

11. RTtaxidermy

Congrats Curtis Nice bird

12. Thanks Jeremy,
    Here is a picture of the bird my son shot a jake but not just any jake it is the same one that I clipped the wing on with a crossbow a week earlier and yes it to is going to be on the DVD. My miss and his kill will be on it. After we saw it was the same bird he said it was just like at home always cleaning up after the old man. That was a great day in the woods. I filmed his first bird also last year and that too will be on the DVD. If you want to find out more check out the T.O.G. websight. http://www.togoutdoors.net/

Attached Files:

13. 9pointer

9pointer Member

First 5 minutes of shooting time opening day in Delaware. 22Pounds 10 1/2 inch beard and 1 1/8 spurs

Attached Files:

14. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

Here's my bird for the year. 10 1/2" beard 1 1/4" spurs. Took all of 10 minutes to set up blind, call him in, and stick him! There's no rush like a turkey spittin' and drummin' at 5 feet! Can't beat the scenery down here this time of year either.

[​IMG]

15. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

Nice Rio Bob. I love the Wild Flower scenery. Outstanding. All I see is grass, brush, twigs, trees out at my location, pretty boring. Again very nice. Still no luck here. Think it is time to find a new location. Hunting party I am trying to help, as well as my family, the youngest kid is a misfit. He is running and gunning on his own on the weekdays and spooking all the birds, calling all the time, bumping them off roost, shooting at them at 50 plus yards. You name it he's screwing up the last three seasons. Kid dropped out of school so he hunts, if thats what ya call it, everyday of the week. When we get out there on the weekends nothing or birds are to educated to com in. Took myboy out of school Friday and I took a day off work. It rained hard ALL day when it was supposed to sprinkle. Saw one hen though. Drove into are town saw 13 turkeys off the road. No hunting in town and if so not the same unit. DAMN IT!!

16. wildturkeycall

wildturkeycall Thank you Lord for another fine day outdoors!

PA.
    Here is my PA. opening day bird. 21lbs. 10'' beard & 1 1/4'' spurs

Attached Files:

17. wildturkeycall

wildturkeycall Thank you Lord for another fine day outdoors!

PA.
    Two days later, since I cant hunt sundays in PA I took a jake with my bow

Attached Files:

18. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Congrats on the bird. Nice pic. If you miss your target over there I guess you'd have to wait for the wildflowers to die before you could find your arrow !

19. matchbook454

matchbook454 Member

That's a beautiful picture! Nice bird too!

20. matchbook454

matchbook454 Member

Here's my thrid bird of the season. Best one this season as well. 24 lbs., 1 1/8" spurs and 10" beard shot in Central WI.
    [​IMG]