1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"MAD!!!" Bobcat w/ a story

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by DavidB, Apr 17, 2010.

1. DavidB

DavidB Member

So a good customer of mine calls and says he has a big bobcat and wants to get it mounted. He comes in and we start going over some pictures. He says he wants something unique and wants me to take my time he is in no hurry. I throw out some ideas and still nothing grabs him. Then he looks over on my desk and sees the Breakthrough-issue 85 with Phil Soucy's cougar on the cover that he won with at the 2006 NTA. He says "I want it like that but hang on the wall"
    Well here it is. I am no cat expert like Phil but it was fun and turned out pretty nice. This was one of the biggest bobcats that I have had the privilege of working on so there were alot of alterations but like I said, it was alot of fun doing it. He picked it up the other day and loved it. Couldn't wipe the smile off of his face. Anyway thanks for looking and thanks Ken for this site.

DavidB

[​IMG]

2. juliecolorado

juliecolorado savagetaxidermy.com

I can see why your customer was smiling so, that is a beautiful mount, congrats.

Julie Savage

www.savagetaxidermy.com

3. bluetaxi69

bluetaxi69 New Member

awesome job Dave

4. hoytusa

hoytusa New Member

awesome cat dave! I really like it, you nailed it for sure

5. DavidB

DavidB Member

Thanks guys.

6. nice cat

7. trapperfred

trapperfred New Member

i like it a lot. you nailed the eyes and ears

8. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I like it, glad it turned out well. You have to be careful what the customers see or it could get you in trouble...........LOL!

9. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

Great work! The detail in the facial expression is stunning. Congrats on this.

10. DavidB

DavidB Member

Thanks alot.

11. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

cat does look mad,,,,,,,hell even looks pissed.........very nice job