1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ANOTHER For all you Bow hunters...... Thanks Matt

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by redog76, Apr 19, 2010.

1. redog76

redog76 New Member

SO I just thought I would share since Matt's Bow post got me so pumped up seeing all those big bucks.

Invested in a new bow yesterday. It was not cheap ($799 bare), but My last Mathews SQ2 is still strong after 10 years, and I read and heard all good things about this new Z7. It looks a little different, but oh man, this thing is smooooth and quiet as heck. It has a weird sound, not like any bow I have heard before. I am still waiting on the rest, peep, and loop, but have been shooting it in the yard with what Ive got on it. The sight is a new toxonics.
    I know we don't make much $$$, but I figure as much time and effort us bowhunters put in, I might as well have the best stuff.
    Plus I won a bowhunt in PA this fall at the SCI show here, so that was just another excuse to buy a new bow!

I want a new stabilizer. Anybody have any suggestions on something affordable and nice? I am not that worried about weight, as I like a heavy bow. If anybody wants to share their setup, please feel free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i bought one just like it back in january. I LOVE IT. Killed a few pigs with it already

Scott

3. nice what does that shoot for speed?

4. redog76

redog76 New Member

330s i think. a lil slower than the reezen. Hey Paul, what kind of arrows you shoot?

5. Congrats nice bow....I'm still shooting my switchback XT, but was thinking about upgrading to the Reezen or Z7. I use the Doinker Chubby stabilizer. I liked the balance of my bow already so I didn't want to change it much and since it was very quiet and little after shot vibration I went with something small (it's only about an inch and a half), this also makes it nice when trying to maneuver your bow while hunting.

6. bowhntr

bowhntr New Member

I've got a reezen 7.0 now but I will be getting the Z7. Both are great bows but the Z7 is a good bit smoother and quieter in my opinion!

7. Check out Axion stabilizers - http://www.axionarchery.com/ - they have Mathews Harmonic Damper and Harmonic Stabilizer technologies. They come in 2", 4", and 6" lengths, balance extremely well, and absorb any residual vibration. I've got one on my Monster and my daughter has one on her DXT - we both love them...

8. wilkie

wilkie New Member

Doinker stabilizer.
    http://www.doinker.com/main.html

9. I like vibracheck myself.

10. DDCalls

DDCalls New Member

Posten makes an unbelievable stabilizer. It will stop any movement at full draw (as long as you do your part, lol).

11. djf8653

djf8653 Member

ohio
    I shot the s coil stabilizer for years then tried the axion stabilizers now I have one on my reezen 6.5 and one on my Z7.

12. redog76

redog76 New Member

I got this thing all setup today since the bow shop is right near the dump i was goin to. Oh man this thing is shweeet!!! I guess I was just so used to my old bow. I hear all the new mathews are similar. I was checkin out a bowtech when I was there, an admiral. Wow Im not gonna bust on the other bows but this thing is dual cam and is not a smooth draw. And dont even try to let it down slow if a deer walks by. It will try to rip your arm outta socket. It did have a lot of letoff was the one thing i liked. But it was the same price as the z7, and i know the dual cams can be a pita. I gotta shoot this thing some more to be 100%, but I think we got a winner.

13. i shoot the carbon express maxima 350's what about you?

Scott

14. CNB

CNB New Member

X2 on the vibracheck 8-10 inch cant go wrong

15. CNB

CNB New Member

I think mine is the Isolator 8 inch

16. Matt

Matt Active Member

Nice bow CJ, Good luck on your upcoming hunt. Hopefully you can add some pics to the thread!

17. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Look at the Fuse stabilizers. I have the carbon connection 6.5" and 8" and they are a great stabilizer.The Z7 is the best bow that Mathews has made since the Switchback XT, actually it feels about the same as the XT on the shot but is about 20-25 fps faster with the exact same set up.

18. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    very nice bow indeed

19. I made this out of scrap metal for a place to set my bow while in the ground blind. It's nice to keep the bow off of the ground as well as not having to continually having to rest it on your lap.
    [​IMG]

20. redog76

redog76 New Member

good idear slayer. They would charge like $100 for that at bass pro. Ill check them stabilizers out too I appreciate all the feedback guys.