1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Louisiana Convention 2010

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by joe, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

I looked for the website, but seem to be having trouble. Looking for info on the association.

2. GOOD LUCK! it seems to be a secret society, lol. I been tring to get info to join, no website, and contact numbers i was giving, no one ever answers.

3. The website has been down almost a year now, new officers were voted in, maybe it will be back up and running before too long.

4. jdupre

jdupre New Member

nice fish who did the crappie

5. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

The crappie and red ear bream was done by James jwj4856.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick,

7. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Can anyone tell me who bought this fish? I was looking at some of the show pictures from this year and seen this one and thought it was awesome. There sure are some great crappie popping up at these shows this year. I didn't make it to these two shows but I'm impressed with these crappie. I'm not a fish guy but I sure do like this one...

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,210259.msg1486716.html#msg1486716

8. Psycho, am the one that bought the crappie in the link you showed, it is also NOT the one in the LA show as the one from randy was 12" long and the one in the show is only 9" long, I did uses randy's style of painting the fins as it is much easier than the tinting and removing of paint with qtips like I used to do it. Compare the crappie to the pumpkinseed on the mount and you can plainly see that it is no where near 12" long, the pumpkinseed is between 7 and 7 1/2". We had this same crap come up in our show two or three years ago which ended up as false statements as any accusations of this one is also. I also admit I was one of the ones that thought wrongly of the last mount in question, it was much the same situation as here, he bought the mount and used it as an example to mount his with so few changes it was undetectable in pictures, My differences are in the sizes of the two fish in question.

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Man, you painted it "picture perfect"! LOL

10. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I wasn't accusing you of anything but merely complimenting the quality of the crappies showing up at the shows. The fish at OHIO and Iowa show were AWESOME too. Seems fish over the last couple of years have really become tough in the comps. Great job on yours and congrats. ;)

11. Very interesting....

12. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

You can also see the same exact vermiculation on both. Seems a litlle odd is all.

13. Just to make it clear, lets let the pictures speak for themselves.

They match perfectly.

James you did a great job making your fish match the fish that you bought from Randy. Man, you should start a counterfeiting business.

Attached Files:

14. Here are 2 pics of the crappie and 1 pic of the pumplinseed to use as reference as to size of the fish. Taped a $5 bill to them to reference by, a $5 bill is approximately 6 1/4" long, you can plainly see the pumpkinseed is 7 1/2" and that the crappie is approximately 1 1/2 times as long as the bill which woould make it just over 9" long. The one I bought from Randy was 12" long. And yes I did paint it almost exactly like Randy's, as I thought is looked great and was the only really good reference I had at the time of a black crappie, with just a very few small differences, a few pattern differences and slight color variances, mine is slightly darker than Randy's with just a very little more green on its sides. I hope this eases a few of your minds as to these not being the same fish when one is 12" and the other is slightly over 9". Besides $300 is a lot to spend just to win a ribbon when I only do this as a hobby now and not for business (no customers to try and wow with ribbons on the wall). I only di this now for myself, family and a few close friends.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Now you have my interest. Slight of hand maybe? The bill is not even the same size. I could print a five dollar bill, shrink it some and tape it farther behind one fish and put the real bill on the front of the opposite fish.

However, why would I change fish on the same base?

Why would I take Randys off his base?

Why not take a simple picture with the two seperate fish on their own bases? This would be easier and quicker than the five dollar bill pictures.

Thats a lot of work to do when one simple picture would tell the tale.

16. OK, #1 it is a real $5 bill, pics were taken at a different angle and with the zoom slightly different on each, forget the one with the bill taped to the lily pad stem and compare the other two, or even just use the top photo only, the pumpkin seed replica is a lake country BLG07.5 which is a bluegill replica 7.5" long with a couple alterations to make it look like a pumpkinseed. The crappie was molded and cast by me from a crappie I caught which is approximately 9 1/4" long. As far as pic together the fish I got from randy is put in a diorama inside a coffee table and has been sent to its owner (which is well over 100 miles from me) before the LA show, which I told Randy about when I got it from him , we talked on phone about it and even emailed about it. Now AI can see a few subtle differences between the fish and the bill shows the size, you will just have to believe it or not, its your choice, make what you want out of it, you will anyway.

17. Five dollar bill??? why make things so hard ??? just use a ruler....

Now my interest is up.
    I was at the show and my wife took photos of all the fish with her Cannon 40D which holds sharp photo quality when enlarged but I want be home until tomorrow.
    From the pics I see posted makes me believe two pepole can have the same finger print.

18. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Three words ;D SORRY SAP SUCKER :mad: that right there is the SAME EXACT FISH.To many markings that's the EXACT SHAPE,SIZE, and SPACING.

19. Well think what you want to, I know the difference in the two fish. Posts dont matter too much to me anymore since I am retired and just enjoying life now and dont let others opinions bother me too much anymore, going to go take a short vacation and catch up on a little fishing myself now and get away from all the day to day crap like this. So far thats two that have been accused of this at the LA show, wonder who it will be in a couple more years. You'll hash it out yourselves, I am out of here for about 10 days.

20. Mike B.

Mike B. New Member

I can't believe you could duplicate those vermiculations to a tee. If you could that's a big "if" you would have done it on a fish that you claim to be 3 inches shorter that means to make them the same you would have had to change your vermiculations to scale, the spot sizes and the vermiculations look to be the exact same size, if you did that on a 9 inch fish instead of a 12 inch fish you would have run out of fish.
    All the fin attitudes and body shape's are the same on both fish. What are the chances of that if the repro's where molded by two different people??? ???
    I call BS
    It looks like you are willing to spend $300 for a blue ribbon.
    If I were another competitor in your show I would definately bring this to the attention of the board and president of the association.