1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Louisiana Convention 2010

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by joe, Apr 20, 2010.

1. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Thanks for posting the pictures. We had a GREAT time at the LA Convention....even though I did get a darn speeding ticket...but small town LA is always waiting for some dumb out-of stater coming through, breaking the speed limit...and... I wasn't paying attention, so I earned that ticket!

The crawfish boil was a great gathering...

Jeannette and I cut out at noon on Saturday to do a little sight-seeing on the way home.

Again, thanks for posting the pics, and for being great hosts at your convention!

2. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Now that I look a little closer at the photos that Doug posted. I believe I will be changing my mind on this from the statement I made earlier.
    There are alot of things I see now that I did not see before that are to close to be coincidence. ??? ??? ???

3. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

jwj4856
    I have mounted,casted and painted thousands of fish over the years ,Hundreds of ribbons and several best of category's state and National..Yet, I have been able to replicate the detail you have!! Why didn't you copy off your reference instead of the a mount???????????????????? AND--- post both fish side by side so the whole world will understand !! I couldn't believe anyone would even think of CHEATING at any level let alone a state comp. PLEASE prove us wrong!

4. Its the same fish. If you scale from photos using the ribbon rosette as a reference, you will see that the fish Randy did comes in around 9" to 9.5". That's some scale factor +/- for those who want to call a foul.
    If you use the size of a rosette being 5" then the rest is, as they say, elementary Watson. I also saw Randy's fish at the Michigan show and can tell you it was NOT 12" long.
    I have proven it to myself using photos, software and some easy measurements. IT'S THE SAME FISH!!!

jwj4856 (James) you are a liar sir. You did spend $300 to win a ribbon. You cheated and you are busted.

I guess the fact that it "dont matter too much" to you, just shows how you live your life. You have no moral compass and you don't care. I am sure the hardworking people that put on the LA show CARE. I hope they take action and bar you and your sad attitude from their future competitions and I hope they declare your ribbons null.

I hope you have fun fishing for 10 days, because this ain't going away. We're going to break this out into a new post so ALL of the Taxi.net can see for themselves your shameful ways. See you in 10 days right back here on the net.

5. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

If it is true, you should send the ribbons and any awards to Randy.

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Unbelievable isn't it. However cheaters abound. We had a guy clean up in the past with his possum mount....only to find out later it was freeze dried and not eligible. We have guys enter "wholesale birds" before....but the judge knew and caught it.

Myself I could NOT take credit for something I did not do....AND every time I looked at the awards I CHEATED for I would re-live my shame. I KNOW guys that don't care though.

I tried REALLY hard to find a single DIFFERENT marking and I cannot. Looks like the same exact fish to me.

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

jwj4856, you are a liar, and a cheater, and a disgrace to competitors and the industry. You should be ashamed, and I hope the LTA does it's job and bans you from membership and from competing.

I can't believe someone would freaking cheat in a competition. Give me a effing break. ::)

Loser.

8. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

The bad thing is that we know that there are probably people out there that have gotten by with it. :(

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Sure there are, and they are effing losers too!!!

10. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

;) ;D

11. A closer look....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Well I think everyone has their minds made up allready, but here is a pic taken of the fish with a tape attached that shows the fish as being only 9 1/2" long while randy's was 12". Make what you'll want out of it as I know you will anyway.
    [​IMG]

13. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

So....

So show us the mold that it came out of...

Kerby...

14. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

Watching :)

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

You don't have to show me a mold. (hell, he could show you any mold) You don't have to show me anything. Pictures don't lie, and you do. You are a liar. You are a cheater. You have been caught. The pictures Ken Edwards posted revealed the truth. (I was certain before, but after those pics were posted I don't think anyone can deny they are the same.) The more you deny it, and try your stupid games with tape measures and dollar bills, the dumber you look. Asking you to prove yourself is ridiculous, we all know the truth...as do you. If I were you I'd crawl under a rock and not return. ::)

16. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Anybody know why he said this? LOL, Things closer to the camera appears bigger than far away ;D the pic with the dollar BEHIND the fish show its true size.The dollar in front of the fish MAKES THE FISH APPEAR TO BE SMALLER ::) haven't figured out the measuring tape.

17. Jamie E

Jamie E Member

must take about ten days to get'' one of them'' tape measures !