1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

USA FOXX?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by deersniper93, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Have any of you ever used USA Foxx tannery for wallhanger tanning? If so, how was the quality of their work? Thanks a lot.

2. ptjwt

ptjwt Member

I am an avid trapper and have talked to allot of people and was told Moyles Tannery was one of the best. I am sending all my fur to them this year. Main thing is how well your fur has been handled. I scrape , salt , (2 times) , And dry all my fur before sending to tannery.

3. Make sure that you turn your ears and feet back out after fleshing and before salting/drying. They WILL NOT turn them back for you and will come back looking like crap. There tanning is fine.

4. USA Foxx is ok but I like Moyle better..hubby puts his fur up nice so we are very happy with what we get back..

5. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

on the trappers sites they complain vigorously about usa fox. and I`m trying to be diplomatic.

6. cflwrs

cflwrs Member

Moyle Mink does a good job I think you will be very happy with them.

7. EastonWest

EastonWest What we do in North Dakota, STAYS here.

i've been sending using usa foxx for 5 years now and honestly, i would highly recommend them. customer service is excellent, prices are very reasonable, and the tan is extraordinary. i use them exclusivelly for wallhanger furs. most of the bad rap these guys get comes from people who don't properly prep the hides and thus get back a hide with bald spots or bad leather. I took a chance last year and sent in a coyote with a little green belly and got it back with some bald spots. my fault, not theirs. if you get the hides prepped right though, there are no problems. you want pictures i can get them to you. Thanks. EB

8. Ok thanks guys. I have a muskrat and squirrel im going to send them first just to check them out with something cheaper.

9. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

I used USA FOXX for 4 years and had just about everything you can imagine go wrong. They lost 2 raccoons and a bobcat on me. Feet ripped off Tails missing, ear tip torn off, big slip spots on skins trappped,skinned, fleshed, salted by me. Got sent other customers hides ect. Like I said you name it. Why I stuck with them that long I don't know.Yea like Taflinger said turn back the noses and ears so you don't have to wet them later and then have a stiff faced hide to hand your customer. :-[

I would highly reccomend MOYLE MINK and TANNERY ;) ;D.....Jeff

10. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

You will be more than happy with Moyle Mink. Good stuff there

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I thought it was always the other way around? Must be some things have changed. Hey Im going to move this post out of the for sale section as it doesnt belong here.

12. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Sent stuff to USA Foxx that was destroyed and got stuff back from Moyle that was crap too. If you ask me either one of them are a crap shoot on what you get back. I think that is becoming the norm in our industry unfortunately.

13. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

SEE SEE What do you do,one guy says they are great and one say they suck.Witch do you believe ?

14. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

USA FOXX models are pretty hot though... sorry for the topic distraction, but they are...

15. craigjw

craigjw http://www.back2lifetaxidermy.com

Myself and the trapper that recommended USA FOXX really like them. They do good work on tanning, I use them mostly for making hats which are also good. They are good to work with, very personable.

16. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

Ya distracted me....

[​IMG]

17. burdman

burdman New Member

I'm a trapper and I've had great luck with sivko furs they're in Canisteo, NY. Ive sent furs there 3 times and they all turned out great.

18. Yeah im not sure what to believe. haha. I sent a muskrat and squirrel. So I'll reply to this post when I get them back and let you guys know how they turned out.

19. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

You sent a squirrel to the tannery?? Humm...

20. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

No offense guys but if you are trappers? The hides can be EXTREMELY different than what I need as a taxidermist. My stuff shouldn't be missing body parts or fall apart when I try to sew it. It better be a damn good mountable tan and have all it's body parts. :eek: