1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Registered Australian Cattle Dogs (Heelers) Reds and Blues available

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Diamondhitch, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Now taking deposits for litter born April 18 2010. Only 6 pups in this litter so reserve yours ASAP.

Reds, Blues, solid half and full masks, lots of speckles. Our dogs come from proven champion lines and have proven themselves to throw pups that make exceptional working/show dogs and their mild temperment makes them an excellent family pet as well.

Shoot me an email or visit our website http://www.diamondhitchkennel.ca/index.html

Pups will be ready to go to their new homes June 12. We will ship worldwide.

2. I raise Blue Heelers also,you couldnt ask for a better dog.

3. texascritter

texascritter Cell 972-904-9516

Clean up on isle 3 a dog piddled on the floor...... Oh thats at petsmart and we are on taxi.net so surely there is no piddle around here!!!!!!! That is unless heelers are now in demand for mounting specimens............

4. KaiYoDei

KaiYoDei New Member

NJ
    hahha yeah, this was kind of "why are you posting about your dogs here"

it's like when people go post in pet rabbit or rodent communites looking for snakefood

5. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 Member

A Heeler rug might really be beautiful!

6. Diamondhitch

There is certainly alot more for sale on here than Taxi items. Never hurts to post. For all I know Cattledog (who posted above) could want a new breeding bitch... puppy sold. The cost to post is certainly in my price range too. :)

7. Bangle

Bangle New Member

I know someone who use Cattle Dogs on hog hunts. He has about 4 good sized ones and then has a Bull Mastiff as his kill dog. :) So for someone who does that kind of hog hunting with the dogs...this might be a good breed for that.

8. Diamondhitch

Never heard of them used for that but that is what they are bred for. Herding critters up and stay out of the way of stray hooves and horns (tusks in that case)

9. Bangle

Bangle New Member

He's the only one that I know of that uses them for that...but he certainly likes them, and it makes sense. :)

10. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 Member

The bigger ones might be great for Schutzhund or personal protection also. Anything that has the spirit to go after a 2,000 lb bull should be able to handle a burglar or carjacker!

11. Diamondhitch

Well some american blood lines may have that potential, they are known to be nippy with strangers and some are too agressive on small livestock like sheep but the Australian blood lines tend to be everyones friend. (IE poor guard dog)

12. I got my male from a breeder in West Virginia,and they used some of theirs for bear hunting.they said alot of the bigger dogs would run in and get hurt fast,but the cattle dogs being smaller and quicker were great,they would dodge in and out and work together.

13. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 Member

Wow. I can't quite imagine an ACD that is super friendly to all. I love the breed and know several, but each of them you have to get to know before they accept you. Do they have the same determination and drive working rough stock that the less friendly American bloodlines do?

14. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

if I recall. The oldest dog that lived was a cattle dog. made it to the guiness world records for living twenty-nine years, five months, and seven days. !!

15. Diamondhitch

Absolutely. The Australians put emphasis on breeding them as a brave but gentle working dog as well as a show dog. For the most part in North America the emphasis is placed on showing.

Our dogs love kids and visitors. Anyone with a kind hand is welcomed.

16. Diamondhitch

That is correct. I beleive they are also tied for the largest litter too at 23 pups.