1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WVTA CONVENTION AND COMPETITION BEGINS

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Lone Wolf Taxidermy, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Well it's the begining of a new day and we survived the night....lol. The security officer here is a cool guy. He must be in his 70's and is in full uniform and packin'. He came by last night well after the time they like to lock everything down while we were still playing music and we thought sure we were gonna get sent to bed. He looked at us and said if you guys don't play some blue grass get the hell out.......how cool is that....lol. Pics of him later.

I hope someone got it on video......Cary Cochran sang "Amazing Grace" to the tune of "House of the Rising Sun"......Yes you read that right Cary Cochran.... ;D.

More updates today...............

2. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Lone Wolf, you prob didn't know till this weekend but Cary sings at his church. So that doesn't surprise me. But if you got him to sing something from AC/DC, that would really surprise me !! ;D

3. LOL....we are working on it Heath. Ask Cary about his turkey call "Made in China"........ ;D ;D. A buddy of mine bought one of his slate calls and one of Hyltons' guys ( Rick) found a Made in China sticker on an item in our silient auction and stuck it on the call ....then they questioned Cary about it....lol.

We are having a blast here but gettin Cary to sing "Back in Black" is going to be a challenge. We did keep him up till 1 AM though. It is really great to have Cary here....I'm glad he came over.

4. Well it's almost banquet time. Everyone is talking abut the sucess of the show and ribbons are being placed as I type. It has been a great weekend with many friends new and old gathering. This show has went as smooth as we could ever hoped for.

On the lighter side Tootie and the Dead Fish are gearing up for another fun night and the bribes have been paid to the Sheriff to keep the joint open late. Now if we can get Cary the sing "Back in Black" for Heath Cline we will be set....lol

We will give you one last update in the morning.

5. Billy - I really wish I could have been there - both being your Regional UTA Representative and as a compeditor who may have been able to play back up for the Deadfish with my beat up ol gitfiddle (Just ask Chris B.!) :D Very glad to hear that the show has gone so well. We will do everythign we can to join you next year.
    Keep in touch!
    With Respect!
    Mac

6. Whis I could have made it.....any pics yet?

7. dbess

dbess New Member

When you put that many great people in charge, great things happen....thanks for having me guys, very proud to be a member, my son enjoyed it also...loved all the mounts and fine people we met.

8. buck

buck Member

What a great time ....... We will have plenty of pics soon. I have taken somewhere between 4 and 5 hundred myself.

Many great mounts at this show......around 120 or so..... Some of the big winners tonight were Casey Watterson, Ryan Dolan, Rick Dunlap, Cris Horn, Tootie DeMarco ( Yes that Tootie), Fred Gonzalez , Chad See, Art Ledger, C.J.Fegan, Joey Purvis, Mike Noon and Brian Claar.

Tootie and the Dead Fish are talkin' about gettin' a tour bus and hittin' the taxidermy show circuit.......we may be coming to a town new you soon.....lol.

9. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Knowing how much pride Cary has in anything he does, I bet he got a chuckle out of that !!

10. What a great time ....... We will have plenty of pics soon. I have taken somewhere between 4 and 5 hundred myself.

Many great mounts at this show......around 120 or so..... Some of the big winners tonight were Casey Watterson, Ryan Dolan, Rick Dunlap, Cris Horn, Tootie DeMarco ( Yes that Tootie), Fred Gonzalez , Chad See, Art Ledger, C.J.Fegan, Joey Purvis, Mike Noon and Brian Claar.

Tootie and the Dead Fish are talkin' about gettin' a tour bus and hittin' the taxidermy show circuit.......we may be coming to a town new you soon.....lol.

I have no idea what happened on the last post like this one....unless somehow I got logged in incorrectly.....but anyway more updates and pics soon

11. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

[​IMG]

12. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[​IMG]

13. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[​IMG]

14. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[​IMG]

15. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[​IMG]

16. redog76

redog76 New Member

What a great Time!!! I just got back to the bed of my truck (where I have been sleeping ha) and my damned pillows are all wet (guessI should not have left my cap window cracked) All the board members of this show are great and I really appreciate their time. Im pumped, best of category small mammal pro!!! I guess hard work can pay off. Well im gonna try and get my wet ass to sleep good times!!!

17. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Here is the fish Brian Claar won with at the WVTA. I think he did a great job. Congrats Brian!

[​IMG]

18. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

HA HA HA!!!! Now thats FUNNY! Congrats again Brian. You too Freddy! ;)

19. HuntingPA

HuntingPA New Member

ROFL...that is freakin hilarious.

20. Actually Brian Claar won here with his reproduction Rock Bass. Great fish Brian ... Congrats. Pics to come soon.