1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Keep track of your competition points...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Missouri Creek Studio, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

This is mainly for new competitors. If you are successfully at a competition, be sure and note on the back of the ribbon or award the specimen, the show and date. It will be a definite help in the future if you are accumulating points for a major achievement award. Trust me, not all Associations keep a data base with past show placements.
    To compound the problem ( with the NTA points) your state may or may not have been affiliated at the time you competed and won, rendering those points useless, except within your state association.
    It can be a real headache trying to sort out a trophy case of ribbons from 10 or 15 years ago when you were too lazy to record the data.

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

That's a great idea, but there are a few others as well. IF your state wasn't "affiliated" (no such thing after this year), but either paid to use the NTA system with NTA judges or you competedin the WTC or any of the regional shows tied to the NTA, you should keep your score sheet and report the results directly to NTAHq. This will eliminate any of the snafus that sometimes crop up with records keeping. Never depend on someone else to keep YOUR important information.

3. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I thought.........

I thought the NTA did not recognize the World Show results?

Kerby...

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Up until I left the board 3 years ago, the WTC was grandfathered into the certification/AofE program. I can't say what that group of geniuses might have done since that time, however.