1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Mafia T-Shirt poll and progress outline of the ASSOCIATION

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Apr 22, 2010.

Which T-Shirt logo do you like best?!

Poll closed Apr 29, 2010.
  1. Mafia 1

3.1%
  2. Mafia 2

33.9%
  3. Mafia 3

3.9%
  4. Mafia 4

15.7%
  5. Mafia 5

0.8%
  6. Mafia 6

0.8%
  7. Mafia 7

7.9%
  8. Mafia 8

5.5%
  9. Mafia 9

0.8%
  10. Mafia 10

3.1%
  11. Mafia 11

2.4%
  12. Mafia 12

0.8%
  13. Mafia 13

0.8%
  14. Mafia 14

9.4%
  15. Mafia 15

1.6%
  16. Mafia 16

3.1%
  17. mafia 17

6.3%
  1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Well here is the poll to end all polls!! The Taxidermy Mafia logo poll!! Your decision on a design will live on for many a year gracing the front of what will become an association that has a lasting positive impact on the Taxidermy Industry.

The Taxidermy Mafia is a dream that I have had for many years. I have sat back and watched, waited and prayed that alliances would be formed and the reality of what so many of you have wanted would bare fruit. I'm glad I did not hold my breath ;) I have decided to make my dream come to fruition.

The Taxidermy Mafia by name may sound intimidating, it is suppose to. To long we have tapped, knocked and then kicked on doors trying to get our voices heard only to have it opened and then slammed in our faces. No more! It is time to kick the damn door down.....AND WE ARE! What the Taxidermy Mafia stands for is "The Taxidermy Motivation And Fellowship (of) Individual Artist's"

I am on a course to set up an organization that has 2 goals in mind, EDUCATION and CHARITY. By education I mean setting up conventions that have the country's best and most talented artists along with more than capable assistants teach hands on, every year, the finer points of this industry. It is a convention where if you bring a lifesize elk in the door, you leave with a trailer that has a mounted lifesize elk in it. That my friends is a true education! By charity I mean bolstering up the states, not burdening them. The Mafia intends to stay off of the states "agendas" and only be around in the time of need to help. The states have their own agendas with out worrying about a national organizations.

We will be a self supporting organization who lends help, not asks for it.

There is a competition around every corner and the states along with Larry & Kathy Bloomquist' World show have very good professional manner in conducting those. The Taxidermy Mafia is not and will not be a competition driven association. Instead it will focus on giving the Taxidermist the skills to confidentally compete in the world Show and various state show competitions along with giving them the skills needed to look their customer honestly in the eye and say "yes sir, I can do that!".

This is a dream I have had for many a year and I will make it happen! There will be a 4 day hands on convention August 10, 11, 12, 13 of 2011 here in Texas, that is just the start. We have conventions plan's already through 2015. As of now I am buried "up to here" dealing with CPA's and attorneys in order to make this organization a true nonprofit. There are many bumps in the road, hills to climb, b.o.d.'s to seat and obstacles to overcome....they will be overcome!

I have been asked by my wife, CPA, friends and family "why not make this a for profit venture?" That is not my dream. My dream is to build an educational organization that is YOURS! It will be an organization that is not only good for you the Taxidermist, but also your customer and the Taxidermy image as a whole. It is time we looked deep down and carried ourselves into the 21st century and professionals. Most professions require a minimum 40 hours continuing education to stay in that field. Taxidermy has no such rules. Hopefully it never does, the more free from licensing and regulation we stay, the better we are off. But i intend to build a vehicle where you can and will get the most valuable 40 hours of continuing education that this industry could, can and will offer.

The Taxidermy Mafia will not be able to come front and center until at least early (hopefully January) 2011. There are just way too many "T's" to cross and "i's" to be dotted. Starting a non profit is I have found a lot of time and money and paper work. But have no doubt, I will get this goal accomplished.

I will be bringing you an organization that is about you, the taxidermist. We will not be an "i promise" organization, we will be a "already there" organization. As I said, the first convention is already set in stone, the hall has been booked and the instructors are already all on board. What I will ask is for the time to get the organization and it's structure in place. I cannot put the cart before the horse and will be spending all my time the next 8 months making sure that this organization is set up correctly so that you have an organization that is not mired in red tape when it comes to getting things done. ANY and ALL suggestion you may have, please forward them to me, i would appreciate it. I am building this for you, so much so that with in 3 years of the official announcement of this organization in 2011 I will step down and hand all aspects of running it over to you...after all, it will be YOUR organization!

I do not ask you for money, I will make that happen one way or another and i do not ask you for any accolades.....all I ask for is your prayers to give me the strength to see this venture all the way through, that is all I ask :) With you and God as my witness, I will be building what the world of Taxidermy has been asking for over the years and it will be built so that you, the Taxidermist NEVER lose control of the organization. Let the games begin! ;D

Sincerely, Michael P. Schlabach

Now on to the contest!!!! please vote above for which design you feel will best fit as the representation of the Taxidermy Mafia on our t-shirts :) The poll will run for 7 days, Good luck submitters!

Mafia 1
    [​IMG]

Mafia 2
    [​IMG]

Mafia 3
    [​IMG]

Mafia 4
    [​IMG]

Mafia 5
    [​IMG]

Mafia 6
    [​IMG]

Mafia 7
    [​IMG]

Mafia 8
    [​IMG]

Mafia 9
    [​IMG]

Mafia 10
    [​IMG]

Mafia 11
    [​IMG]

Mafia 12
    [​IMG]

Mafia 13
    [​IMG]

Mafia 14
    [​IMG]

Mafia 15
    [​IMG]

Mafia 16
    [​IMG]

Mafia 17
    [​IMG]

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

WOW Michael!! This is a TALL order based on the fact that this will become a permanent logo.

17 is just cool as chit, but perhaps the wrong message now.

I like #10 alot. Seems to go along with at least part of your foundation goals.

2, 4, and 7 all seem fitting, minus the girls.

Now if someone could just incorporate all those ideas into 1 design, I think you would have the best of some very good ideas. The guns and skulls seem to be the wrong message to me.

PS, where do I sign up?? And how much are the dues? I want to join if I may. Becky too!

3. michael p.

Tim, membership is going to be $25 AND you get a free T-shirt to boot when you sign up! :) LOL Sorry, but no money until the government gives their stamp of approval in late 2010 or early 2011. It's going to be exciting and like no other organization out there! It will not interfere with the mission of any state or the UTA. This is a whole new concept on running and having a national organization with it's sights squarely on the education of Taxidermist's.

This is an apolitical organization that "encourages" it's membership to get involved in organizations such as the NRA, SCI, UTA and the many states who are fighting so hard for our rights. Truth be known, taxidermists do not have the money or numbers to make broad sweeping changes across the country in political matters....but if we align our artist's with such groups that do then we have helped the push.

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat and trust me in the future there will be some cat skinning going on. As I said, this is a NON PROFIT group and we will in the future years have money to donate to hunting causes. We will not be a nickel trying to prop up a dime group, we will put money into the fight where it clearly makes a difference and helps the industry. That is well down the road, but it is not beyond any reality! We will not hoard our treasury, it is a non profit and will be disperced to organizations who are fighting for the Taxidermist and hunter' rights in America.

4. I'm not a taxidermist, I just sniff sawdust.....

But I am in! Let us know when we can join!

5. antlerman

Without me having to say it; YOU KNOW I'M IN, all the way.

I can't wait for the CAT Skinin part!!! hehe

6. I love #15, how it says " WERE all smarter" :D

7. antlerman

That musta been Yeager's entry. boomphonics

Ross, change your shirt!! You look nasty!

8. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

How can you not look at Dan and think ATTITUDE!!!!

9. antlerman

Thats what I'm saying!! Then under Dan put, "together we stand". On the back put #10, or a variation thereof. I like the Mafia of the Jungle part with the animals coming out of the jungle. Just get rid of the gun.

10. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

#10 can also be done in Black and Gray instead of color for a different look.

11. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

SIGN ME UP

Education is one thing this Industry needs more of not the same old stuff that has been around for years.
    I have made more than my share of suggestions and all you get is crickets.
    Between this and the UTA I think we could be on the right track to some sort of change.

12. michael p.

I agree.

13. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Marking :)

14. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

This just the start of alot of things that could be changed.
    We as taxidermist have been feed this same old Bologna sandwhich for years. Its time to open up the menu. I don't think I am the only one that would like a different sandwhich for a change. Even if its just Ham and cheese.

15. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Nina? Marking, heck jump in girl...

I think it is a FANTASTIC idea and I can see where it will be a fantastic organization. You know what Mike, something to point out already if you don't mind... I know the one guy said something about not being a taxidermist but just a sawdust sniffer??? That tells me he is either a base maker or a carver. I could be wrong but I think the World Show is the only one that really recognizes the wood carvers in our industry.... If he is willing to jump on board, I think you may be reaching the industry as a whole or at least everyone on here in the industry which is a pretty significant amount of people... That is very COOL! 8) I'm excited and I know the hurdles you are going through and are about to go through. Good for you for turning a dream into a reality. Thats great! Don't know about everyone else reading this thread but I can tell you that I am jazzed. You can actually feel the excitement in the air, at least I can.... ;) ;D Good Luck Michael! I truly believe that you are one of those people with the will power and attitude that can make things happen. So where do I send my $25 check?

16. Bear Claw

Bear Claw New Member

I'm new in Taxidermy but have been accepted with open arms here by those who support this movement so If a part timer (at best) from GA would be accepted in the "Mafia" then you can count on me ;D

17. antlerman

OMG!! I just thought of something...........Dan as our mascot!!!! OH my!!

Well you damn right. If you know this focker, you know he stands for the principles that the Mafia stands for.

Get them votes a going for #4. It is VERY fitting. And looks pretty damn cool as well. That's a shirt I would PROUDLY wear. And I still vote for #10 on the back.

18. Great idea.. It's an Association I would be proud to be a member of.

19. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I'm in Slick, let me know when and where to sign up. I'm going with Tim on the shirt idea #4 with #10 on the back

20. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Ditto! Cant find a better mascot/spokesperson. I have seen Dan go above and beyond while most would be laying on the couch bichin about pain and discomfort..and throw in what he does for HOAL... I'm in! and my son, thats (2) x-large shirts.lol