1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Oogii's bear

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Wayne R, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Oogii from Mongolia is still have trouble posting photos, so here are a couple he sent me that he would like a critique on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

OK, no one wants to comment. I already mentioned to him that the color around the mouth and inner nose was wrong, and the eye shape was off, and fur seemed to be pulled back, but he had sent these to me, not so much to hear what I had to say, but others as well. Oogii if you read this, you need to reply to these posts. I think one of the biggest things that can help here are good reference photos, whether they are bought, pulled from magazines, or found on line.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I think the eye shape is to relaxed, and should be more agressive, or have the ears in a forward alert position, the eyes do not match the ear position. imo.

4. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

The ears do seem a little too far back for the expression (maybe also placed too far back on the form--not sure but something looks off), but the mouth or muzzle also seems that way to me. I think maybe some wrinkles in the muzzle would help. The upper lip looks a little too shiney. I'm sure some of the bear experts will be able to critique it better.

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

I agree with all of the above. I think everything needs to be pulled forward, it looks tight in the brows and forehead area.