1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Air" DVD tutorials???

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by DavidB, Apr 25, 2010.

1. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

Just my comments on this and only my opinion............... most of this un-professionalism on this site and topic is viewed by many and it is not what taxidermy professionals are all about. There is nothing here that is hurting Dennis reputation and some of the shots are cheap and viewed by some as disrespectful to the taxidermy industry as well as Dennis. Dennis will always shine as he has created his spotlight in the taxidermy industry and by assisting others through his DVD's he has spread the spotlight to them. I would hope that Dennis would continue to offer his talents on this site and mostly his artistic ability and should he refrain then I for one would understand why he has done so. Let's hope that Dennis will continue and that the impatient ones will be more understanding of the taxidermy industry where sometimes family life and other issues in Dennis' life besides taxidermy will take the driver's seat until those issues are resolved.

Again just my opinion.

Best regards,
    Sam

2. redog76

redog76 New Member

Well Dennis helped a man out. I did recieve my DVD (about 2 weeks ago) and life is all good. This thing is great so far, and I have only gotten 20 minutes in. He was very cool about the mixup and He got it to me as soon as he could. I am going to email him about getting the tutorials, unless someone could help me out and send them to me. He has to be busy this time of year like the rest of us, so I really feel bad bothering him. But I take back anything negative that I said about him, he seems like a really cool fellar. Thanks guys

3. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

For the record I meant no disrespect in my post. That's a rough idea of my "air" piece for the convention in March. I won't post any more pics of it until after the show nor is it my place to give too much info away that Dennis has so kindly put forth on his DVD.
    Buy his "Air" DVD, it's worth every penny and you'll have a blast thinking up ideas!
    The tutorials are a great bonus and a great window into Dennis' shop / mind.
    HAVE FUN! Peace out!

4. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

5. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Thanks Dennis! Hope things are at least manageable in your world!

6. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee can't wait

7. hp

hp New Member

Has anybody received anything yet.

8. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

You didn't get yours? ;D

9. hp

hp New Member

No have not received anything since last dec,I even sent him a pm to make sure he had the right email and nothing

10. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

as much as you have bugged him it's probably on is block sender list LOL

11. hp

hp New Member

If asking for something you have paid for and have not received is bugging him then to bad!

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Still waiting for your air mount photos guys,,, I am growing a beard here,,,,

13. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

LOL, maybe he "air" mailed them...I want to see photos too!

14. Derrin

Derrin New Member

I would have looked like Rip Van Winlke waiting for my first tutorial (which has not arrived as of yet. I got the dvd for Christmas last year). Good thing I bought some razors and forgot about the tuts. If anyone thinks hp is wrong, go back and read the advertisement in Breakthrough, then come back and respond. Hp is right. I think Dennis just wrote a check he did not have time to cash. We all live and learn from this. :(

15. maximum

maximum The one that got away! Made the other guy Famous!

Was the DVD worth the money you paid for it? I imagine so? If you have not used any of it then what good are any tutorials? Sorry to sound like a jerk, but Dennis is a great guy and in extremely high demand. I know the DVD was money well spent.

16. redog76

redog76 New Member

DVD was WELL worth it!!! I never really got any exrta tutorials, but the DVD alone is great!

17. Derrin

Derrin New Member

CJ, I think you completely missed the point here.

18. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

810-648-4800
    Ask Dennis anything you need to know about what you are missing. Or keep pouting.

19. Derrin

Derrin New Member

I think if I were relating to "pouting", I would refer to you two with the coyotes. Yes or no,low t, did dennis do what he promised in his advertisement for his ""air" dvd? We all know the answer to this. Before you go to boasting what "power" you have on this forum, and condemning everyone for what they did wrong, right your own wrongs. Until then, stop your pouting about a couple of coyotes. If you figured how many people bought that dvd, and did not get what they bargained for, I think that would waaaay exceed the price of 2 coyotes. So who is the one doing the bad dealings here?? I do believe that most people ,with the dvd dealings, do not want the tuts or the dvd anymore. that deal shows real character.

20. Derrin

Derrin New Member

To be such a talented artist, I cannot believe dennis would let this bad deal linger on for 3 plus years.There is an easy way to make this all right, as far as I am concerned.Take the high road dennis and post a tutorial once a month, for 12 months, as you promised in you selling points for your dvd. Post it here on the forum for everyone. That would settle it for me. Then you can get back to the coyotes. Any way you choose to do it, it all works out.......