1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Second mount please critique

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bullbuster, Apr 27, 2010.

1. bullbuster

bullbuster New Member

Thanks to all who gave me critiques last month on my first mount. Here is the second...it is the dad of the last elk I posted. Same as the last one his left antler grows out of the center ofhis head over his eye. I spent three weeks studying tons of reference of different elk. Please let me know what I can improve on and watch for next time. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. bullbuster

bullbuster New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at that main beam length!!!
    [​IMG]

3. Looks real nice and clean! Nice job!

4. MB in NC

MB in NC Aim small. Miss small.

I'd be proud to have it on my wall. ;)

5. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

You are well on your way, awesome job.

6. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

awesome

7. WNWA

WNWA New Member

great looking mount b.b.

8. very nice, great clean mount! I've got one in my freezer I am looking forward to mounting. Need a bigger mounting stand for it first though!

9. Brett,

Very clean mount. Eyes looking good........but just a little lazy looking for my taste. Picking up the back corner of the eye will help that, hair patterns looking good...........The main thing that sticks out to me is the ears. Seems to me they should be sett a little deeper and still should be slid a bit forward. Could be the angle of the pic but the bottom of the ear butt may be over built as well. Looking at the over all shape of the ear...........do you use liners? Pull cartridges? Or Bondo........? The shape looks off especially in the last pic. One thing about hair patterns especially on the face..........keep squirting Windex on the face and grooming the hair straight down with a brush it makes a nice difference.

All in all it looks very good and would be proud to hang it up on the wall.

Later,
    Taxi

10. Zimmie

Zimmie Member

That is pretty impressive for your second mount.

11. cooper669

cooper669 New Member

Very nice bull. Good job.

12. Wow! Good job!

13. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

facial muscles look good........its all about detail, detail, detail...........doesn't matter what specimen it is.......great second mount

14. bullbuster

bullbuster New Member

Thanks to all for the kind words and advice...I will put it into the next one. Down the road-Brett

15. kevin scott

kevin scott New Member

Looks great for a second mount .

16. Very cool! Is that thing going to hang on the wall with that beam sticking way bakc like that?

17. fougair

fougair New Member

Nice job looks great ! Clean looking mount :)

18. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

Very very nice. Looks great for just ur 2nd elk. Keep up the good work.