1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NC taxidemist.

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by DoubleATaxidermy, Apr 28, 2010.

1. This may not be the excact place for this but i am offering a service so here goes..thanks for reading. i am an nc taxidermist and i am running a special on whitetail mounts throuhg july. this will allow som folks with deer in freezer still debating on mounting it or not to be able to mount there trophys. Also here at double a taxidermy i offer a payment plan if anyone is interested in that. just email me for more details. thanks

2. trapperfred

trapperfred New Member

dont undercut to get business. Thats how the quality of work and everyone elses prices go down

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

sounds to me like the man is just trying to make some money to stay afloat like the rest of us. good luck to you, i hope you get some work!!!!

4. trapperfred

trapperfred New Member

I'm not saying to not do a sale by any means, im just saying don't lower all your prices while times are hard

5. i agree, And why would you come to a taxidermy site full of taxidermists to advertise taxidermy?

6. this is something i done past two years during summer months and it works i usally get 15-20 more deer during these months i know times are hard i understand that not right for people not be able to mount a trophy just cause they dont have the money with times like this its hard to come up with 300-400 just for a mount

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

leopard paws, so i guess all who get work from this site are wrong. so the wholesalers should not offer there services either?????im confused as there taxidermists aswell???????Im not being a smart azz im being serious!!!

8. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

doesn't sound to me like he's undercutting anyones prices. just offering whosale work to fellow taxidermists, not customers off the street...most industry's call them subcontractors.....

9. I'm confused. Are you looking to do wholesale work or work for the public? I'm about 30 minutes from Wilson and I charge $465 for a shoulder mount and I have a payment plan also. $200 deposit before work starts $265 due at time of completion. I intend to go up to at least $500, but its hard when we have quite a few hacks around here doing them for less than $300.

How much do you charge and whats you payment plan?

10. archeryquest

archeryquest New Member

I'm usually not for lowering prices but times are bad. Feed your family and good luck

11. i am done with this site. seems like all people care about is i am better than you type stuff. calling someone a hack come on...i know gusy been doing it for 25 years dont get 500 and they good as anyone. He even sends me work when he gets backed up. i just trying to offer a mount that the week to week man can afford thats it. i not looking to make a killing i enjoy doing it thats it. i got a full time job. i know when iwas little a killed many bucks i wanted mounted but my folks could not come up with 400-500 for it so i had to just cut horns off and go. when i started doing it i said i wont going to do that. no reason our 8-5 workers cant get trophys mounted. to all the good comments i thank you guys it means alot.

12. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    describe as good as anyone? D.Price mounts VERY high quality mounts.
    Also Mr. Amerson NCTA would like to have you as a member, I don't beleive i have seen your name on the membership list. Join NCTA and come to our convention in burlington and get to know some of the taxidermist in our state. Once you get to know some of the taxidermist and show you do quality work getting wholesale work would be a lot easier. Please feel free to call me at 336-312-3458 for more info on the NCTA or the Surry Co. mini courses.
    D. Price never called you a HACK he said there are quiet a few HACKS in the area.
    I also would like to know how your payment plan works as I get a deposit and you pay balance before subject leaves my shop.

13. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.
    Double A

The problem lies in the fact that fellas like your self who do a ( quote ) little Taxidermy on the side do not understand the whole picture, You have the right to do as you please after all this is still America. But for us full time guys that make a living doing taxidermy..... well we take things a little more seriously when it comes to this price thing. I'll try to be as polite as I can here, Hacks are the bottom dwellers in this business, the ( we do it cheap guys ) our work is just as good as the best of them but we chose to be ( more honest ) and charge less than the full timers. Let me ask you some thing, does your doctor feel sorry for you and charge you less because you are a 8-5 guy? How about your mechanic ? How about the your Dentist ? See where I'm going here ? Do 8-5 guys get a better price on a new bow or rifle ? A full time Taxidermist is a Professional in his field, He has over head ( expenses ) Building rent- payments, Utilities, Supplies , Machinery ( top quality fleshers ect ) These expenses are paid for with that profit that you claim is unjustified income ( over charging ).Every deer that get mounted by a hack takes income out of they're pocket.
    Now there is a lot of very good taxidermist who just do this part time that will never change. But I think you ruffled a few feathers when you came on a Taxidermy web site and more or less accuse us of over charging the average guy. I have been doing taxidermy for 22 years and guys like D Price do work that quite simply blows me away. You have to understand some of these guys here on Taxi-net are in a league of they're own!!!! Don't quit Taxi-net stick around watch listen ( read ) and learn.

14. I 'll be back to respond to this later.

15. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Very well said gunner62. ;) I agree John I know he would benefit by joining the NCTA and coming to the show this year!!!

16. pberry

pberry New Member

I agree Mr. Prices work blows me away also!

17. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Blowed both of us away last year :eek: ;D LOL

18. Sometimes it is hard to hold your prices. I have been sticking to my guns, but I have been shortcut, undercut, knocked off and copied for the past 6 months. I believe in the product I provide, and I know what my time is worth.

Hopefully I can hold onto my bases until they sell for what they are worth.

19. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

There is a market for everyone, the rich, the average, and those on welfare. If you dicide to have those on welfare for your customers, you will eat bread and water the rest of your life.

20. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    but i want beer and pretzels