1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Any business name suggestions?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jlapp5, Apr 28, 2010.

1. jlapp5

jlapp5 Member

Hey guys, I'm planning to finally start up my own taxidermy business this coming fall. I've been racking my brain for a good name for my business...any ideas? Thanks...

2. (insert your first or last name)'s Taxidermy

3. get stuffed... ;D

4. I believe it was Archie Phillips in one of his books, said to use your name for the name of your business. This way everyone would know whose business it is. It has worked for me.

5. Jimmy Rimrock

Jimmy Rimrock Yeah, they come to snuff the rooster

I purposely did not use my name in the business name for a couple of reasons. 1) 95% of everyone else does it, 2) Didn't want to "use" it, not that I was hiding anything, but there's other people with the same name. 3) Any name is FAR more professional and "loftier" sounding, hence cooler, than "your name here's taxidermy", originality, sort of goes with artistic ability, UNLESS it is a rip off, copy cat of someone else's well established studio. (and you try copy the *@#$ out of everything they have done). If imitation is the highest form of flattery, why are there patents and copyrights ?

From a business standpoint, A-1 or AAA, or better yet, AAAAAAAAAAA taxidermy gets you called first by the phone book crowd. Unfortunately, those folks are low percentage clientele, generally price shoppers.

Good luck, you will think of something, it might not be tmrw, but you will know it when it hits.

6. wilkie

wilkie New Member

"Bill Yox Taxidermy"
    ;D

7. CWP

CWP Custom Hardwood Plaques

I would go with Lapp Taxidermy and Bikini Car wash!! That will bring in some customers.

LOL

8. dugart

dugart Doug Smith / D-Sign,LLC. 616-392-3841

If your last name is Lapp, why not call it Lappland or Lapplander's Taxidermy ???

9. customerfirst

customerfirst New Member

Archie Phillips is right, always use your name in some form in your business name. People will always remember you by your name. Any other name probably will be duplicated. Have been in the supply business for 30 years, and things just flow smoother when your business is in your name. Be sure to check out our new website for your taxidermy supply needs, specializing in Whitetail forms, aggressive forms, pedestals forms, the original Groomimg Buck forms, Quick Mount Antelope forms, and all other supplies. www.fostertaxidermysupply.com Thanks, call for FREE CATALOG 18008485602...

10. leftyposthole

leftyposthole New Member

Please make it profesional, something like "Stuffin Critters" or Leftypostholes, or You killem we fillum. LOL!!!!!!!

11. gab

gab Active Member

name it after something geographical or native to the area: main street,live oak,adirodack,glass mountain,hill country,upper peninsula,magnolia,etc.

12. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

I seen a shirt last month.
    Well Hung Taxidermy..................Leave the mounting to me!!!!!!!

13. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

I know a guy who named his: Hoof Arted. You might actually have to read it out loud to get it.

14. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

lol

15. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Lappdance Taxidermy

16. jlapp5

jlapp5 Member

Wow, thanks for all the replies. Yeah my last name is Lapp and I was mulling over whether I should use my name or not....I'll give it some thought.

17. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

The name of the county you are in ___ Wildlife Taxidermy. I l live in Kern County; my name is Kern Wildlife Taxidermy. It sounds professional and important.

18. That is genius XD

19. The Ojibwa

The Ojibwa Member

Ohio
    Mine is Frinks Run Taxidermy...named after the creek behind my house where I grew up and spent many hours exploring. At the time, I thought about using my name but "Wendt Taxidermy" didn't sound good...plus there is a fella named Jim Wendt in my area (no relation) who owns "Jim's Taxidermy" so I didn't want people to get confused.

The important part is that on your website, use your real name repeatedly if you go with a different name because the more times you have it on your site, the quicker your page will come up in search engines should people seach your name, not your buisness name. When I type Frinks Run Taxidermy, it is obviously the first thing...when I type Chip Wendt, my site is a few pages down...when I type Chip Wendt + taxidermy, it is the first on the page. I would link you to my site however my site is down for reconstruction. In my pargraphs talking about my history and the like, it is written in 3rd person so in other words I do not use phrases like "I pay attention to detail" but instead phrase it like "Chip's attention to detail..." or "Call Chip to create a memory that will last a lifetime..."

20. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I wish my business name had my name in it. People often don't know that Cole and Timberland Taxidermy are the same thing. It can be confusing, and it's a little harder to market my business. If I were you I'd probably go with Lapp Wildlife Studio, or Lapp Taxidermy Studio.