1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Set my first Bobcat eyes

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by passthru, Apr 28, 2010.

1. I have attached some pictures of my first attempt at setting bobcat eyes (removed and set many times). So much harder then a deer, please let me know what you think and if need be I can change before I mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

A straight-on picture would be nice.

3. ? Isn't the first picture a straight-on look?

4. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Yes it is! ;)

The setting looks good. Seems like you have a slight inward tilt to the tops of the pupils, and that is correct. Now just make sure your clay work and eyelid work keeps symmetry, and the Cat should look fine. You've asked for help early enough on, so it seems you will take the time you need for a correct job. ;) Keep it up!

John.

5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

depth also looks good

6. Thanks, it was very pain staking as I removed the eyes and reset several times. Deer eyes are so much easier to set, but, can tell you setting these eyes will definitely help with other animals.

7. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

I only get one pic here, the top shot. Sorry

8. KClem

KClem New Member

Do you have the actual cat you're mounting handy? If so, I'd measure the center pupil to center pupil distance on that cat and check it against your headform...they look like they're set just a little bit too wide to me.

9. LordRusty

Ohio
    I seriously doubt you will get an accurate measurement of the pupil of a dead Cat! The eyes are shrunken and distorted at best, and the pupils are dilated, so there is no existing center. The eyes look fine. Do a search for Bobcat ... I've posted more instructions and reference on here than you can shake a stick at.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John.

10. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    Wow very helpful thank you lord rusty. By the way, why lord?

11. OutbackJack

OutbackJack Member

PA
    Lord Rusty, I really appreciate the reference pictures you put up they'll come in handy

12. LordRusty

Ohio
    Can you guys not put two-and-two together. In my signature BIG AS LIFE is a picture of my horse - Lord Rusty. So ... ? ??? ::) Believe me it's got nothing to do with religion ... I'm not religious or a believer! And no ... it's not "just something I say".

John.

13. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    Ooh yeah duh! I have seen that before I just forgot. Sorry

14. LordRusty

Ohio
    LOL! [​IMG] It's[​IMG]

John.[​IMG]