1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bev's Fish Creations

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Michelle_Nelson, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

Hey,

Just want a little feedback on Bev's Fish Creations. Was looking at their catolog today along with their website and saw a few small pictures of their reproductions out of the mold. I didn't think they looked all that bad. Just want to know what you guys think that have ordered from them befor.

How is their scale detail?
    Inner mouth detail?
    Also want to know about their FOAM GILL's? What do they look like after they are painted?

Any information or pictures ( out of the mold / finnished) would be realy appreciated. I just like to know a little about a company befor I buy from them. Thanks

2. kebees4

kebees4 New Member

Ohio
    I was very happy with what I recieved from her. I haven't bought any from anyone else to compair quality with as a lot of suppliers are over priced if you want to make a profit and keep prices affordable to customers. I am just starting and trying to get some customers built up and don't want to scare them off with over pricing.

3. fishdude

fishdude New Member

Re: Bev's Fish Creations-Good stuff

I have used a hundred or more replicas from her, a few of them duplicates. There are a handfull that I didn't care for but for the most part they are real decent.All of her new blanks are real nice. Good poses and detail. The inside of the mouth is molded and most are good. She is very dependable and gets stuff out in a few weeks. A few suggestions- have her foam the head section. Y ou'll have to cut the gill area out, I use an air saw. I carve the foam out and fill and smooth with bondo, then insert seperate gills in place after painting the fish. Some people carve the foam down to simulate gills. I have tried that method and am not a big fan of that. You'll still have to grind seams and fill and texture the seamline however her resin grinds more easily than hard gel coated blanks. She has a good selection of largemouth sizes. good luck

4. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

Mainly that is what I intended was to order her Large Mouth Bass, Blue Gill, and Crappie Repo's. I was thinking of trying Star Fish / New Wave for Salt Water Fish.

5. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

Just like fishdude said about the inner mouth. When she finishes them the part where the gills are in the mouth is solid. Otherwise I have been really happy with them. I will email you pictures through picasao.
    Chuck

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

They look amazing! Someone on the "week in pics" posted a bass molded by them. I hope to give them a try here before long.

7. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I agree about the fish. I have used them and liked them. Just do not have them carve the gills for you. They charge $10.00 and all they do is grind slots in the foam. Not very realistic. So just order it and do your own gill work.