1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

CAMEL form for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Knights, May 1, 2010.

1. PKielb

PKielb Member

and... you should have seen who shot the camel!!!!!!!!

2. Just thought I'd throw this out there for some of the older comments. I'm not sure about these types of camels, but in South America they eat Alpaca which is a camel. I talked to a girl that traveled to South America and had eaten Alpaca while there, and she said it was good.

3. X2 I seen who shot the camel !!!!!!

4. ChoppTax

ChoppTax New Member

What happens to the guy riding the camel. If he has a Rocket Propelleg Grenade Launcher can you take him as a bonus?

5. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Sorry ... but Alpaca are more along the lines of Llama ... not Camel.

The Bedouins of Arabia not only use Camels for transport, but also for their milk, meat, and hide. So yes, they are consumed. This one was shot in a culling hunt.

Camels were introduced into Australia as a means of animal transport/beast of burden for the military. Some were turned loose with the assumption they would just die off. Pretty stupid, really, considering they thrive in desert conditions!

The United States Calvary also brought them in for military use. Same result. I don't know if there are any more left in the wilds, but it happend here as well.

Agreed! Last nights show was sweet! I like the show ... what can I say! ;D

John.

6. akmike

akmike Member

last nights was hilarious it really showed what goes on in a shop .I bleached a walrus skull and it popped like crazy scared the crap out of me.

Attached Files:

7. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Nice form! Glad I am not the only one who pours foam in such a "high tech" way. LOL! That foam must have took forever to clean up.

8. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

Yep, I had an old timer out here where I am say there used to be a Camel Depot somewhere between Notrees and Kermit Texas

9. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

Not saying this in a crude way or to be disrespectful but, Tina I think is better looking then she was.

Great show Russell

10. My bad, John is right.

Camels - Genus Camelus
    Includes the Bactrian Camel - Species Camelus bactrianus and the Dromedary Camel - Species Camelus dromedarius
    Alpacas and Llamas - Genus Lama
    Includes the Llama - Species Lama glama, the Guanaco - Species Lama guanicoe and the Alpaca - Species Lama pacos
    Vicugna - Genus Vicugna Species Vicugna vicugna Includes the Vicugna

All of the above belong to the following:
    Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Chordata
    Subphylum: Vertebrata
    Class: Mammalia
    Order: Artiodactyla

John Bellucci, would you like to explain to all these fine scientists what FAMILY they all belong to? Hint, it begins with Camel.

http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Camelidae.html
    University of Michigan Museum of Zoology
    Animal Diversity Web

11. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

NICE form!

12. Brian

Brian Active Member

thats cool you are offering them for sale. as i was watching the show i was like man they should patent that sucker and sell it. wise choice !!!

PS. awesome show man. I really enjoy it.

13. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

Might be harder than it looks. How many can say they've gone camel hunting or have one mounted.

Awesome job Knights. Look forward to next weeks show.........Jeff

14. disabled

disabled Active Member

I just watched it today taped it from last night here in PA awesome good job thanks john

15. gab

gab Active Member

we actually purchased one of his forms and mounted it earlier this year.fit like a glove!!mounted up great.real time saver!

16. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I can't say I have hunted camels, But while in Afghanistan, a few got in the line of fire at times.. and unfortunatly lost their lives.. ;D

17. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

LMAO! I don't suppose you saw Miss Teen Alaska while over there like the show had? Don't think Miss Teen Afghanistan would be the same thing......

18. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Marty,

Didnt see her over their, but did see 3 hot afghan girls taking a bath in a creek.. we rounded the corner at about 15 yards.. they saw us and about craped.. they screamed and hauled ass for the villiage with clothes in hand.. From what I remember they had nice behinds.. saw Zero camels that day..

19. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Does not make them a Camel! Neither does the family name of the Giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis) ... it is neither a Camel nor a Leopard, but there you have it. It is simply a descriptive classification ... it does not make them blood relatives.

John.

20. tom_snod

tom_snod New Member

Sorry John, Your wrong on this one. Camels, Llama, Alpaca, Vicuna, Guanaco all belong to the family Camelidae. They are all camel-like animals.