1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

CAMEL form for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Knights, May 1, 2010.

1. Did you try to sell it to the supply houses?

2. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I thought that feral camels were fair game in Australia, with no limits and no closed seasons?
    I'm not sure what the carcasses are used for, if anything, but it sure looks like they have a lot of them.

3. dablaw

dablaw Member

I too, as many of you, love the show and it does portray us in a good light...But as far as this topic of discussion on the camel...wow...What a work of art that form is..I guess the words "Art Form" take on a new meaning..lol....Never been to alaska, but would love to do some hunting up there one day before I leave this ole world and if I do I'll stop by and say hello..Probably get tired of that with the show and all..Glad to see ya here Mr. Knight..Keep up the good work...

4. Trails End Taxidermy

Trails End Taxidermy YOU GOTTA LUV IT !!!!

I too watched you make the form on the show. Great job on it!! The volcano of foam was hilarious!! Welcome to my world!! LOL Keep up the good work on the show!! LOVE IT!!!! I think I would handcuff the guy that broke the crab and stuck his finger in the salmon teeth though!!!

5. Russel and crew..it is a great show and it is the real deal..We can relate to everything that is happening in some fashion..great run with the reindeer Tina.Keep up the good work and we will certainly contact you for the next camel we get in our shop in Minnesota.Take Care
    Kevin

6. bucknduck

bucknduck Member

Russell, I love the show. It really depicts what goes on behind the scenes and you've got quite a group of characters. No more wondering why I stay a 1-man operation. Can't watch it on Thursday nights, but thank God for the internet. Keep it coming, cause I'm learning stuff from you too!

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

sorry just read this thread and george asked me a question...in my years at the museum i did mount a few camels.. we always did carcas casting back in the early 70's when i did them...very old school....plaster casting, paper forms, sculpting up with clay on the paper forms, normal for lifesize mounts.....we never mounted heads....the museum would not display anything but lifesize mounts....over the years the molds would get cracked and pitched.....a new one made if ever the need came up again....no one back then had ever thought of using fiberglass to mold....thanks for asking george

8. gab

gab Active Member

camel mounted on knight's form .charged $2600.freight from alaska was $260

Attached Files:

9. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

NICE!

10. Damage

Damage Pull the wool over your own eyes!

They wouldn't let me harvest any while I was in Afghanistan. They were always on our patrol routes. ;)

11. elkman

elkman hunter I guided for 2006

I really enjoyed the show,, i would like to say,, keep it up,, ,,,,, and keep that guys fingers out of the samon teeth,,lol

12. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

glad all you folks enjoyed the camel form, it was a bull i hand almost 20 years ago,, no skull either,
    Knights did an excellent job on the neck and shoulders.
    Most of my clients get the head and neck only mounted as they tend to be too large for most trophy rooms here.

Back then the only one available was the Jonas one which size wise looks like those racing camels with the small petite heads
    These large bulls from the Outback ARE HUGE

Now days i often hand carve "one of forms", especially for the marsupials which i do in all species and sizes.

If your after a smaller female version, i have a head for one of those as well

Regards
    South Pacific Taxidermy
    Australiia

Attached Files:

13. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

Are you saying that Russel Knight didn't carve the head for that camel form? Oh the deception! :'(

14. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Wait, if he didn't carve it himself, how could he sell it as his own? Wouldn't that be like what someone got in trouble for a few years ago? As far as pouring foam, I always start by cutting open a large box and putting it on the floor so any foam that spills doesn't bond to my cement. LOL.

15. bowerbird

bowerbird New Member

Exactly that.

The head and part neck is a form i carved and molded back in the late 80, s as there was no one with a large bull anywhere in the industry that i knew of, other than a small one Jonas had.
    I sold a copy of that form to Knights over 2 years ago, they expanded on it , i approved, good luck to them.

I had always wanted to make a fUll shoulder version, but as each bull varies so much in size,,and few customers down here either have the room, or the money to pay for such a huge "feral " trophy,,it never eventuated

Ive sold plenty of head / neck versions to other guys,, and i make more money out of my Shoulder Sambar Deer forms that i do from camels around the globe.

But if your in Australia, and needing of one, i have both a bull and a cow,,

South Pacific Taxidermy

Attached Files:

16. Damage

Damage Pull the wool over your own eyes!

[​IMG]

17. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

That tank is going to put a good size hole in a Camel..

18. pjstaxidermy

pjstaxidermy New Member

Like the form.......really enjoy the show! P.J.'s Taxidermy & Wildlife Paintings

Attached Files:

19. pjstaxidermy

pjstaxidermy New Member

Wildlife Paintings on antlers/saw blades/handsaws etc. P.J.'s Taxidermy & Wildlife Paintings.

Attached Files:

20. rt texas

rt texas Member

Do u still have the camel form. ???
    if u do please let me know coz
    I'm looking for one.
    Thank you Roberto.