1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

SECOND NATURE SCHOOL OF TAXIDERMY STUDENT PHOTOS

Discussion in 'Training' started by Bill Dishman, Sep 23, 2006.

1. houndman

houndman Bring home the Bacon

Re: Second Nature Taxidermy School Graduates

I am from Pringle it is in the souther Black Hills south of Custer.

2. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

Sheri Ames with a Mallard hen and nesting scene she created in our January 2007 class.

3. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Hey Bill!

Don't laugh at me because I know I'm not alone here but I check in from time to time to see your student work as it is truly some of the best out there!!! I sit here with some friends and we look at diffrent schools as I teach my small workshops and I'll tell you Bill Man you got the stuff down in a Big Way!!!

Just wanted to say great job to your students and you!

Big Fan of great work!

Rick

4. Bill Dishman

Thanks Rick, that means a lot coming from another instructor. Isnt teaching about the most rewarding job you can imagine? Being able to pass on what we know to others who are similarly inclined and then watch them go on to be a success.
    Im really intrigued with some of your methods of carving bodies and painting, especially hand painting the undertones. Have you ever released a "how to" DVD or published anything on any of your methods?
    The mounts that your first timers are putting out are beyond belief!

Also a "Big Fan of great work!"

Bill

5. Rick Krane

You are way welcome my friend! Your work and the body of fantastic students show that your abilities to give the gift are way in tack! it is cool what we do and isn't it even cooler to see the good folk take the ball and run and run and run!

Good stuff Mr. Bill Dishman!!!

Your friend and fellow fish guy!

Rick krane

6. trkncwgrl

trkncwgrl New Member

To The Second Nature Taxidermist! What a blast I had in school. Bill and Terry were the best. If you had a problem, they were there to help. I really enjoyed the class. They helped in learning to problem solve. I know that not all hides that come through the door are going to be perfect, but that's o.k. My elk cape had a ear that had a 2" x 5" bald spot, but because these guys were their, they helped teach me a few techniques to fix those spots, now nobody notices. They also have an open door policiy that I am gratefull for. Just because you graduate, doesn't mean you can't keep in contact. I highly recommend the school to everyone. And I never thought that duck would ever come out that good... Thanks bill and Terry!!

7. Rick Krane

Hey Bill! Man oh man it is nothing short of "amazing" the work your students do!!!!! Man so cool!!! I got my fix this week!!!! Thank you so much for being a good teacher and helping others! We do have a great opportunity and a fun job! I only hope your student’s take that ball and run with it! Great work!!!!

Your friend and fellow fish head!

Rick

8. Bill Dishman

Matt Applebaum from Alabama working on a Mandarin Drake.

9. Bill Dishman

Brian Peters with some of the mounts he completed in school. You may have seen Brian on the outdoor channel guiding Sheep, Moose, Caribou and Grizzly hunts for Pioneer Outfitters in Alaska.

10. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

I must say-I love that cat, and the Wolf. Hell-I like it all! Great stuff!!!!!!!!! :eek:

11. Bill Dishman

No Michelle, that is not true. Our policy is, and always has been that students can supply thier own specimens as long as they are mountable. I prefer that if students plan on bringing thier own capes/hides, they send them to me so i can assess them first. We have never discouraged students from supplying thier own specimens.
    In 15 years of teaching I cant remember there ever being an issue with any student over supplying thier own specimens, so i cant imagine who these mythical "former students" could be.

12. B.S.

B.S. New Member

Well Michelle , not only can you get it straight from Bill , but you can also get it straight from a " real " former student . I attended Bill and Terry's , Jan. - Feb . , 2006 class . I think every student in my class , including me , brought some of their own specimens . I've included a picture of my son's first deer , which was my first shoulder mount in class . I have the luxury of living only 20 minutes from Bill . I have visited and helped out a little with every class since mine . Every class has had multiple students that have brought their own specimens . Second Nature is a great place to learn taxidermy and I would highly recommend it to anyone ! There are no restrictions as to what you mount or where you get the specimens . I think Bill is right , Who are these mythical " former students " ??? Brad Smith

13. Re: Second Nature Taxidermy School Graduates

i went to the class in jan 07 and a lot of my classmates brought there own stuff i only brought deer antlers but that was cause i didn't have anything , i would highly recommend going to his school there the best people your ever meet, since class i have asked hundreds of ? and he has ansewered all of them, so if you plan on going to school to learn the greatest job there is you need to go to there school

14. michelle127

michelle127 Michelle and Ron Ream-Life Mbr - NRA,NAHC,DAV, VFW

Thanks for the info. I do have to say that these are exceptional quality mounts and I commend the school and the students. I have been around taxidermy for the last 37 yrs and they are good, great mounts.

15. Bill Dishman

operates in what fashion?
    Do you know of a school in the Northwest that doesnt allow students to supply thier own specimens? what state is it in? Elaborate a little cause apparently someone has them confused with us.
    By the way, what do i owe you for those Buffalo Horns? There wasnt an invoice in the box. Bill

16. Bill Dishman

a close up of Brians wolf base.

17. lmitchxray

lmitchxray New Member

That wolf mount is AWESOME! WOW! Great creativity.

18. Bill Dishman

Second Nature School of Taxidermy would like to acknowledge former graduates Carrie Gibson, Tanna Roths, Dusty Sutton and Brad Smith. They all took Ribbons tonight (March 23,2007) at the Montana State Taxidermy competition at the Hilton Grand in Missoula, MT
    Way to go !!!!

19. Bill Dishman

Mike Roths with the shoulder mounts he completed during the gameheads portion of the class.

20. Bill Dishman

Deb Bunch from Idaho with an awesome 1/2 Lifesize bear she completed in school. Feb 2007