1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 25-26 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 2, 2010.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 25-26 !!!!!!!!

A very warm hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire!! I ant to thank so many wonderful fish heads for keeping in touch and writing to just say hey while I have been in a sabbatical from the Taxidermy net! I have been working very hard on new techniques and better ways of sharing information to make all of our work just that much better so that we all can continue to grow and make more money while enjoying personal satisfaction in our efforts! I want to especially thank my friend and the son I never had Mr. Jimmy Lawrence for being so enthusiastic and kind to help out keeping this string going “very well I may add” while I have been away from this great site. Thank you Mr. Lawrence it is not only greatly appreciated it is a wonderful gesture to see that I one day leave this post to the future! Thanks Jimmy!!!!!!!

I took some time to enjoy and be motivated by some of the great fish work in the past month I have been away. Truly inspiring and some of the best fish work I have ever seen! Some great talents who share their abilities for no other reason then to give back!!!!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again every week in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures! Absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

This week I want to share a talent Fishhead and a impressive new comer to the world of Taxidermist! Mr. Chuck Holyk of Alberta Canada soon to be moving to Smithers, BC spent some time with us here in NH to work on his very first fish ever. Inspired by the great work on the T-net Chuck has now joined the ranks of fishheads and I hope to see contributions in the near future!
    I hope you enjoy the work of Chuck Holyk!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in 2 weeks!

So with out further ado let's get week # 25-26 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 25-26 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is some really cool fish work of Chuck Holyk!!

I beautiful Coho Salmon!
    [​IMG]

This is a personal favorite of mine a Yellow Perch!
    [​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale, New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

SAAAAWWWEEEEETTT COHO!!!!!

3. den007

den007 Active Member

This project was really interesting.....part sculpted, part cast, part skin mount.........hoping to see the details in Breakthrough. This was a pet......owner insisted on some real parts of the fish incorporated. How could I resist!

Attached Files:

4. Hey Ricks back!
    Nice fish. Coho are one of my my favorites

Cool goldfish, that little dude had a melon on him!
    Goldfish are great! And a royal PAIN!
    I have a 9" fantail that is a MONSTER. I am currently cleaning my castings hoping to make a production mold.

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Welcome back Rick!!

The last few "chromer" fish your students have been doing look awesome. Very soft, and very cool!!! Diggin it my friend, Way to go Chuck!!!!!

That perch is sweet too. I just moved, and have a nice one I want to mold up, and that is good motivation!!

Jimmy

6. Ive been having trouble getting pic right size to post, lets hope this works and the pics big enough! Heres my contribution from downunder Tasmania. A wild Hen Brown Trout of 12 lb from Arthurs lake Tasmania. It measures 30 ins long and has a girth of 19 1/2 ins, quite a specimen. Its a skin mount with self cast artificial head. I used a lot of WASCO product such as Polytraspar paints n varnish, Quick Tooth and Apoxie Sculpt, all great product.
    Gotta say I get a lot of inspiration from Week In Pictures and have learnt a lot. Im relatively new to fish taxidermy and havnt had the confidence to post to this thread as theres so many high class mounts on here.Its a great forum, thanks John.

Attached Files:

7. It didnt work last time so heres another go, my 12 lb Hen Brown skin mount.

Attached Files:

8. I guess I should point out that it was a very silver fish almost like the sea runners we have here. Normally they are much more golden brown in colour, this fish was probably in spawning colour, it did have eggs inside. It was a big challenge for me but I was pleased with the end result as was the guy who caught it.

9. Good to see you Rick . Great fish guys! Here is my Metal 48" yellowfin tuna alot of Metal and welding on this one. Please keep us here in Pensacola in your thoughts and prayers as we Prepare for this oil spill to reach us . This will damage our fishing and economy for a long time.

10. Pics came out dark ,oh well !one more

Attached Files:

11. DanB

DanB New Member

That oil spill thing just sucks. I'm certainly worried about it.

12. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

some very nice work so far!

13. Awesome job. Did you use a planishing hammer for the concave part? Are you doing repousse on the detail of the mouth. Looks great.

14. Thanks for the nice comments all. I had a great time with Rick and Kathie. I did have a chance to meet Mountain Ed as well. Good people.

I learned a lot my week there and had a lot of fun, Rick is a wealth of knowledge. Kimballs Farm was a very nice treat, and I have never been to North Eastern U.S. so I do plan on coming back and spending some more time in the area. The history and homes are stunning...

Thank you again Rick for this opportunity, words can not describe what I experienced and what it means to me.

15. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Good to see you back Rick......and nice job on both your fish Chuck. In keeping with the perch theme I have one recently finished for my sons friend. Somehow, in the picture transfer process, it make's the perch look slimmer. This was a 13 1/2 X 9 1/2 FAT one. Although I have a few fish under my belt, this is actually only my second perch.

Attached Files:

16. of

of New Member

Two great yellow perch this week!! I love this species and both of you did excellent work!! Very inspiring.

17. dougp

dougp Active Member

Great job guys...!!

I'll stay with the perch thing. Here's a 14" Mn. perch.

Attached Files:

18. of

of New Member

....and the third one. Love it!!

19. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Heres another AP LM

Attached Files:

• tnb.jpg
      tnb.jpg
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
  20. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

absolutely inspiring to say the least.....wow!!!