1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

McKenzie Ultimate Acid ???

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by skinner26, May 2, 2010.

1. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

I am using Formic Acid at this time but i am lookin for something new. Is McKenzie Ultimate Acid like Formic? Is there something batter out there? How do u mix the McKenzie Ultimate Acid? Any help would be nice.

Thinks
    Skinner26

2. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

Ultimate acid is the same as Saftee or Safety acid. It works VERY GOOD and has no smell.

3. The Ojibwa

The Ojibwa Member

Ohio
    It is super easy to mix too...if memory serves me it is .5oz of acid, 1lb. salt per gallon of water

I usually do a deer cape in a 5 gallon bucket with 2 oz acid, about 2.5 containers of salt from the store, and 4 gallons of water. For me, I have to add about another .5 oz of acid after about three days but after that, the solution stays very stable for weeks.

4. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

Exactly. Easier than easy and smell free and ULTIMATELY safe! IMO, nothing better.

5. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

I have used it and it seems to do the trick

6. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I use saftee acid also,.. you know you can buy salt in 25 lb bags for about the same price as the blue cans or Morton that I assume you are using..

7. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

I pay $6 for 25lb of salt from a local food distributor.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

It's $7 for 80 pounds here :)

9. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

Cool. Is that table grade salt? What is the name of the place you get that?

10. i've used ultimate acid sents mckenzie started selling it and never had a problem. works very good....

11. procull

procull QLD WILD GAME HARVESTER

Works well for me , no complaints :)

12. redog76

redog76 New Member

The Southern States around here has the table salt in 80 lb bags for like $7.5. I think their all over the country