1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Surry Show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Hoss0902, May 7, 2010.

1. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Just checking out who from here will be attending the Surry Show. I did my registration last night.

Everybody should attend, Its a GREAT show.

2. i'll probably be going cuz i live like 25 min away... so it would be a shame not to go lol

3. I live in about 4 hours east of Dobson and I go every year. Great course, Great People. I look forward to it.

4. BTerry

BTerry New Member

Awesome show, I go every year...that is ...when I wasn't deployed!

5. Eric N

Eric N New Member

I will be in Baltimore on a business trip next week, and will not be able to make Surry. It will be the first show in Dobson I've missed. Hoss, I'm looking to you to stop Kevin's bluewing in the pro bird division. I had something special planned for him, but it will have to wait til Burlington.

6. Hoss0902

HAHA! I don't know, Kevin's BWT is mighty pretty.... and my piece is rather P!ss!ng me off....haha

7. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    I'll be there. Hope to see a bunch of you registering a bunch of mounts, remember there is a master division this year

8. Hoss0902

yeah john I am staying VERY far away from the division for a while.... I still have A LOT to learn.

9. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I had planned on attending, but here it is time to go and I'm to covered up to even consider it working in MY shop and at the one up town. :( Besides, with the wife working and the kids still in school it just couldn't happen.

10. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

I'll be there. Haven't missed a year yet

11. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

HI Hoss......I'll be there! My daughter is up at Dad's......just out of AppState for a few days...I'll come up on the 12Th, stay with them, then she and I will be coming to Surry! This is her first Surry and she's excited to go to the alligator/spider/scorpion classes! Go figure! You'd think my cellist daughter would be creeped out?

12. godawgsrw

godawgsrw New Member

I'll be there

13. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

I am heading down, look me up at the Badger Airbrush Display. I'll have airbrushes to try out and purchase, along with some samples (free) of the new paint being developed by Badger for taxidermists and carvers.

14. I'll be there. If you can play an instrument bring it. Some of the best fellowship there . Is a relaxing evening at the motel with a cold beverage of your choice and some pickin and grinning. There are some taxidermist out there that will suprise you with their musical talents.

15. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Not going to be able to make it this year but plan on seeing alot of you in July ;)

16. BTerry

BTerry New Member

Tanner...that's what I miss about Roxboro, camping out in the back of the campus, music, and the chow. I learned a lot just sitting around at night talking to other guys with the same interest, and of course relaxing with a cold beverage to drink.

17. Was planning to come, but have had something else come up.

If you know anyone who needs a room, I just cancelled my reservation at the Surry Inn for the 13th and 14th. Give them a call 336-366-3000

18. Twisted.

Twisted. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Ill be there.

19. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I also just cancelled my room at the Hampton for the 13th & 14th if anyone is in need of one there there is one available.
    Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson (336 – 353 – 9400). Brand new! Just opened in May

20. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

Are you going since you're not deploying anymore??