1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Surry Mini-Course Mounting a Snake Using a Sculpted Form

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Lisa M, May 14, 2010.

1. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

This class started at 2:00 today (17 minutes ago). :) Tom's making his own sculpted body for this snake. Y'all need to come to this show. It is seriously worth the money for the seminars alone. Everyone has treated me with kindness. The only complaint I have is that my allergies are kicking my keester! LOL Other than that, life is rocking! ;)

[​IMG]

2. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

I really enjoyed the 2 part alligator class that Tom did...sorry I missed this one.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I see he still shops in the Little Boys section of K-Mart for his T-shirts. LMAO

4. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

sounds good wish i was there!

5. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Cool,.........and I see....

Cool, and I see 20 people in that pic at the seminar and yet the NTA Nationals this year doesn't even have a reptile seminar.....no interest eh? LOL

REPTILE DYSFUNCTION AGAIN !

Lisa, take some more pics of Tom's seminar. :)

Kerby...

6. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

That pic shows only half of the room

7. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

You all suck.

8. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

9. George

I think it's you lizard guys who're getting dysfunctional. Does the WTC had a lizard seminar? And since the NTA does not pay for seminars, which one of you called Steve Wolk and volunteered to give one? I wanna know. Fess up. Just as soon as I hear one of you was turned down, I'm going to make a few calls. Who got turned down??? (The Surry seminar isn't free unless thngs have changed a lot recently.)

10. Kerby Ross

Unreal...... well, what I expected....

George sometimes you have some profound stuff to say....and sometimes you don't.

[​IMG]

:)

Kerby...

11. George

LOL Kerby, I still love you - even if you are a lizard guy. LMAO

12. godawgsrw

godawgsrw New Member

Well, I dont know about the WTC or the NTA lizard seminars, but I do know the Surry seminars arent free, but the best bang for $65 bucks I've seen in a long time. You get to choose and see 5 seminars (out of 30 or more), get a nice thick packet full of local and travel information, coupons, a personalized schedule for you with detailed maps and locations, a thick hard cover book and quite a bit of useful printed information and access to some great deals from a huge room full of suppliers and several outside.

13. Kerby Ross

Well George,.............

[​IMG]

Kerby...

14. George

LMAO I SURRENDER.

15. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

i never thought i would hear you say that George! lol

16. Kerby Ross

Well............

Well....................

I'm...........................

Speechless................................................

Kerby...

17. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

remember kerby, george has had a productive week with fumes. he will be back to normal in no time. lol

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Ussually you make a valid point and pretty good sense George. I thing somebody slipped you a mickey right before you typed this. The reptile guys have been BEGGING for a seminar for 3 years that I remember, now they are suppose to call Steve Wolk....NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND?! Are they suppose to wipe his ass also. The way you make it sound he can't do nothing on his own (which I know he can) It's his job as NTA seminar director George.

I love ya old man....but that has got to be the dumbest post you have ever made! LOL

19. George

Michael, that's actually not exactly how it works. Remember, I didn't fall off the onion truck last night. I ran seminars for about 7 years. All you can do is ASK someone if they're willing to come to the convention on their own dime, pay for their own room , and give a FREE seminar. I can't say that if I were at the top of my game this idea would be enticing to me. I always depended on major suppliers for the top end seminars. They had contractural agreements with their vendors and they were the ones footing the bill. I used to get Joe Morgan regularly as he was advertising his reproductions, but other than that, people just don't fall out of the woodwork. One year I scheduled Dave Whitney of NY to do a gator seminar. He came to the convention and contracted food poison and had to cancel the seminar. The WTC and Surry can pick and choose simply because they pay the seminar hosts and contracturally obligate them. The NTA can't and doesn't work like that AT ALL. The WTC and Surry have a very limited number of seminars, yet the NTA membership expects 30 to 50 seminars including the childrens seminars.You need to walk a few miles in those moccasins before you start making judgements on how it works.

20. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

The National Association can't/won't pay for seminars. OMG! I didn't know that. That really surprises me. The seminars should be the major focus of the show IMO. Maybe they should look into moving into a smaller facility for less money. They sure didn't need the space at the last one.
    They should start thinking "out of the box"

I did the seminars in PA Last year and yes its a damn hard job. I got a new job this year because all that running around wore me out. We did have a few supply companies donate seminars, but we paid for most of them. I had a few people call and ask to do seminars but most of them I contacted. That was part of the job.