1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Surry Mini-Course Mounting a Snake Using a Sculpted Form

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Lisa M, May 14, 2010.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I bet if the NTA were more "member friendly" they would have more participation.

In fact I have an idea I bet the NTA NEVER THOUGHT OF, it's a FRIGGIN BRAINSTORM!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Put a post on that place they refuse to use, the Taxidermy.net (you know that place, it's the one their President Joel Edwards PROMISED to corespond on while he was looking for votes fromit's 25,000 members and then failed to do so) and ask for volunteers to do seminars :eek: :eek: OMG what a crazy idea :eek: :eek: It's so simple though it could never work :-\ (could it 8) )

In truth, the director's of the NTA (besides John) are too arrogant and come here and ask the little people of their industry to help them do seminars.

2. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

The NTA at one time did pay for seminars however they appreciated them to be donated.

Last one I did in Lubbock was when I was informed they do not pay any longer.

3. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I don't have a comment about all this drama, but, I will say I enjoyed Tom Voyer's seminars a lot. Was really cool learning to mount an alligator, something I now feel i could handle. Thanks Tom!

4. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Wish I was there. Looks like everyone had a blast... The World Show has had seminars for reptiles. Last year they had an Iguana seminar with Simon Blackshaw and Tom Voyer. I have also been to a seminar for rattlesnakes at the WTC that was given by Ben Haden.... :eek:

5. Thanks Marty!! By the way, your deer was awesome, way to go!!! Actually Kirby this will really fry your eggs. The gator seminar had 57 attentees, and the snake and creepy crawler seminar had 85 combined. It was awesome, Surry is the friendlyest placw to be. everyoone was bending over for all the instructors and all attendees. really great atmosphere. It was great having Chris Barnhart mrxt to me mounting a tarantula!! I just could not believe he went to his bag of tricks and spent an hour grooming it after it was mounted. Great fun!!!

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Thanks Tom, some people just don't get it.......

It is obvious that there is a reptile interest....you and I know THAT. It is a domino effect.....the more reptile seminars you have, the more reptiles will start showing up at competitions.

Some people just don't get it.

See ya at next year's World Show where the reptile taxidermists (normal people) will unite.

:)

Kerby...

7. Donna1

Donna1 June 1965 Panama

hey Tom... come back next year and we'll fix y'll some shrimp and grits with mountain oysters on a biscuit! yummmmmmmm ;D

8. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

::) YES!!!! The World Show has had seminars for reptiles. Last year they had an Iguana seminar with Simon Blackshaw and Tom Voyer. I have also been to a seminar for rattlesnakes at the WTC that was given by Ben Haden....

9. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

If I wasn't a happy person, the way y'all high jacked this thread with NTA whizzing would <b>piss me off.</b> :p I guess it's just a damn good think I'm a happy gal huh? ::)

Don't forget the gravy Donna...;D You're welcome Tom. ;D LOL (Those of y'all who don't know...Tom thinks gravy is just weird. <shrug> Yankee's...go figure...I guess that leaves more for everyone else huh? ;D LOL :p)

Here are a couple more pictures of that particular seminar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tom has a real "Come on down here & see this" approach to teaching. He doesn't use huge words...he uses "American" like Page Nethercutt stated...it's not English...it's American. ;) Anyway...the skills & techniques Tom shares are solid & the way he gives them are easily absorbed.

All in all it was awesome to learn how to do this stuff. ;) Just dang awesome. ;)