1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 27-28 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 17, 2010.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 27-28 !!!!!!!!

A very warm hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire!! I hope your fishing seasons for yielding good business for you fishheads! A great time to get out and do a bit of reference collecting! Reference is what truly allows us to move to the next level in the pursuit of personal satisfaction as well as the joy of being around live fish! I’ll be in the wonderful and beautiful Country of Canada this next week Judging the Quebec Taxidermy association annual convention in Drummondville, Quebec Canada. Great talent and more so fanatic friendly folks!!!

In the past 2 weeks increasable displays of so many fish! I really do personally enjoy seeing the progression and the raw talent of the dedicated contributors! Friendliness and positive comments of motivation is a great place to start in upward direction of inspiration! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming months and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again every week in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures! Absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

This week I want to share some of the recent work of a talented Gentleman who I had the pleasure for spending some time with Mr. Mike Sweda and his Wife Jenny! Mike and Jenny are from Germantown, Wisconsin and Mike does all phases of taxidermy.
    Mike had the Goal of doing a Musky in the semi clear phase and a reproduction Walleye all from Lake country Replica’s. Here are a few pictures of Mikes workshop fish he completed!

I hope you enjoy the work of Mike Sweda!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in 2 weeks!

So with out further ado let's get week # 27-28 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 27-28 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Here is a clear phase of Mike’s Musky! Mike worked of this reference photo to pattern the holographic look of the pale markings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A beautiful Walleye for sure!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well done Mike!

[​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    Office; 603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. dougp

dougp Active Member

Nice job Mike! A clear phase musky can be really tough to pull off realistically. Both fish look great........

Kudos to you Rick......... ;D

DougP

3. Great job on the fish Mike. Love the Musky.

4. James Dalueg

James Dalueg New Member

Hey Mike, great job mister. I used your secret formula on my Musky here at Rick's! Great effect, almost too damn beautiful to call it handsome LOL!

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Very well done Mike!!!!

Loooks sweeeeeet!!!!

6. den007

den007 Active Member

As mentioned on another thread, I painted this fish in 45 minutes. I love the nice, relaxed look John at Lake Country Replicas created by a head switch. They do work with you! Pretty sure that musky looks familiar as well. Rainbow is an Arp replica...all scales tipped by brush. And that grouse introducing the forum.......just off the charts! I can taste one slow cooked in mushroom soup with white wine........love eating them, but that mount make me want to head out with a BB gun. Wow!

Attached Files:

7. Clete

Clete The A-10. My kind of warthog

AWESOME MUSKY!!! Did this one about 4 years ago for a competition. Just touched up the paint job on it for a customer who wanted to buy it. It scored an 89 at the time.

Attached Files:

8. Mike,
    Great looking Musky and Walleye...very nice eye set and detail ! Rick is a talented instructor..
    Den,
    I like your Rainbow...nice soft paint finish !
    Clete,
    Good looking Pumkinseed, good composition and mout with the worm !

This white crappie is a custom mold/cast, I made from a fish I caught in an inland lake....hand painted complete..

Attached Files:

9. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

great fish guys

here is a blk crappie I molded and finished last week. delivered yesterday.

[​IMG]

10. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    To all of you-Nice fish!!! Nothing much from me this time only two fat rainbow trouts from a sea farm. :'( Custom moulded and casted. Keep the pictures coming!!!!!! Thanks. Ollie

Attached Files:

11. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Very cool pumpkinseed,The crappie are sick the fin work is great,I tink a crappie fin is one of the hardest thing to do.Rick students put out some really sick stuff every time he has classes.

12. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Great stuff this wk as usual!! I gotta say that when I grow up I wanna finish a muskie like the one that started this wks post ;)

13. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Here's a walleye I just applied the gloss on. Still needs a bit of dental work, but all plastic surgery is complete.

Attached Files:

14. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Here is the same fish, before surgery. Body was done with a sock filled with foam particles and coated with some sort of mache, hopefully not asbestos based. Kind of archaic method of taxidermy, I think. It did have one tuff clearcoat, making me think it wasn't all that old. I couldn't strip it with anything I have in my shop. So I painted right over the existing finish. Kind of felt like "Holmes on Homes" , for anyone that has seen the show.

Attached Files:

15. dougp

dougp Active Member

Nice STUFFFF!

Good job on the restoration Paul..........

Here's a couple crappie pics I found from 2006.

Attached Files:

16. dougp

dougp Active Member

The 'nother one.....

Attached Files:

17. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

very nice crappie doug

18. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

Doug, Those were not crappy pictures at all ;)
    Nice fish................!

19. Hey great fish guys!!! Here is my metal Spotted sea trout!

Attached Files:

20. den007

den007 Active Member

Lots of nice fish on here. That pumpkinseed really stands out. They are frustrating little beggars to paint. Nice restoration Paul! Inspires me to do a before and after on a musky I begin next week. Curvature on that walleye looks cool. It is amazing what some of those old timers were able to do with what we now view as primitive methods. Imagine a world with no Apoxy-sculpt!