1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Horses

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by PLTannery, May 17, 2010.

1. I wish I could buy some of the meat! :D
    Yummmm, horse!

Good luck on the sales.

2. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I have always thought that a leopard appaloosa rug would be incredibly gorgeous. Ideally, the hide could come from one that had died peacefully in its old age.
    I don't think it would matter how the horse died, or how old it was, as long as it was skinned and salted promptly, would it?

3. Old horses tend to have dull, thin and ratty hair. Horses also tend to thrash alot when they are dying so they get large rubbed areas on their heads, shoulders and hips. But yes, as long as it is skinned in a timely manner and handled correctly the hides are fine.

4. wyandot42

wyandot42 New Member

I tell you what, I love reading all the animal rights extremist crap on here when someone talks about offering up/skinning/killing/harvesting a poor little horsey. You'd think, by all the drama, what was being offered up were skinned humans. What a bunch of extremist bullsh_t.

5. your a bunch of bullsh_t. :) and i don't see extremist crap.... if there was extremist crap there would be someone telling shelby she was mean for killing the horseys. All they said was they wished they could find a home before being slaughtered. How is that so bad? Gosh you want extremist crap... People like you are why there are extremists... someone with no regard for life in general and no sympathy. You can be a hunter/taxidermist and still love animals. Somthing lord rusty has obviously shown with all his photographs and passion for animals and his love for big cats.

Ps. There is nothing wrong with what shelby is doing here, i'm just making a point to the jerk above. There was nothing extremist about the pervious comments.

6. Lol. He got me all excited... I was like, "EXTREMISTS!? WHERE?! :D "

7. Zrcalo

Zrcalo New Member

I have no problem with putting down unwanted animals. and no, I dont see /any/ extremist crap... if this were anywhere else there would be gobs of flamers saying its wrong to kill /anything/.

currently I've been looking for a coydog or hybrid wolf pelt, so I've been getting "OMIGAWD ITS A DOG" wish I would've gotten that coydog that was up on here about a year or so ago.

8. Well my little boy Tubby got hit by a car about 2 weeks ago...completely dislocated his back leg at the hip on his left side...i checked with the vet because even though i am a vet tech I am no proficient at surgery beyond castration and suturing...he said it was in the neighborhood of $2000 for "elective surgery" to reattach the hipjoint ball back into the hip socket...

I was like F***k it...he hops around good enough on 3 legs and will not go out to the road again...besides if i ever need to catch him...it won't be hard cause he can't run too fast on 3 legs

9. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

I can show you some pictures of a gorgeous coydog skin. Can't offer her up for sale but just thought you'd be interested in seeing it
    I can also keep an eye out for another :)

10. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

I don't even know what to say about this....

11. Down in Miami They have problem with Central Americans consuming horse meat.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Police-Confirm-Another-Horse-Meat-killing-95040724.html

12. Wolfie...I love my dogs but in doing research through my vet books from school...the elective surgery would either entail putting the hipball back in the socket...or cutting and stitching the thigh muscles that attach it to the hip to allow it to dangle free and be "suspended"

It already does that and he lays on it with no pain or discomfort so i elect to let it heal and he can manage just fine...after all therre are dogs that only have 2 legs and manage justy as well

13. I just updated the list with a new Horse.

14. Guess the tenderloins from that one are gone too? :p

15. bear_country01

bear_country01 Active Member

Its sad to see horses killed . If i had the land i would take them. horses is like a friend , pet. Sad time for the little buddy's

16. Couldn't find this one when I Posted up the other... So... All the new horse stuff will be available here..

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,233543.0.html