1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rawhide Fleshing Machine

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by WRBH, May 18, 2010.

1. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

Man it's been a while since I have been on here. I have been working on getting into taxidermy as a hobby now, and maybe a to make a few bucks later. Unfortunatly my health isn't behaving, and I have been too sick to do that much. I start the first of 3 or 4 surgeries monday, including one to fuse L1-L4 because the curve in my back has made them dangerously unstable and one to fix my hiatal hernia. Between all of that, plus now paying about 250.00 out of pocket for my meds now. And the fact a con artist I was stupid enough to get engaged to and move in with him when he asked me to. Took mom and I for almost every single thing of value including her wedding and engagment sets from her late husband, the racks from the only two bucks I have taken in 20 years of hunting, etc. He also has cost us 3000.00 so far and I found out from cops I was the 5th victum in 2 years, then victum number 6 contacted me, seems the jerk was engaged to both of us at the same time. But with all of that we are like way too many people now, we need money.
    I explained all of that because This Rawhide fleshing machne I have was given to me along with 5 other large boxes of taxidermy stuff, (he was retiring) from a wonderfull, wonderfull person from here. I feel horrible for selling it not just giving to another person like it was given to me, but I don't have any choice. Everything else I might have been able to sell is now with the con artist, and we have to find some way of making some money.
    Okay now info on the machine,lol The part with the blade on it says Rawhide, Allentown, PA. The motor has the name A.D. (might be A.O.) smith is 1/2 hp and runs on 110 volts. It isn't very pretty, definatly looks used but not abused. It still runs, in fact motor was so quiet when she turned it on she had to double check to make it was running. There is also a tabletop that came with it, no bottom part. I was told that is is worth about 300.00 and will cost around 45.00 to ship it if the person who buys it doesn't live close enough come pick it up, I live near Hardy, Arkansas. If it is worth more then 300.00, will someone please tell me what I should be asking for it because we can use every penny we make on it. Thank you for checking this post and have a good day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

I have to sell it by this weekend, need the money for gas money so mom can make it back and forth to the hospital to see me after surgery, and so my kids can come see me as well. Also about to be evicted, so have to pay landlord double this next month. If your serious about buying it Hudson, I'll give this post untill friday, then if no one offers more its yours if you want Hudson.

3. 450 plus shipping

4. I mean I am offering 450.00

5. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

First of all, I did my math wrong, is about 55 for S&H, but since it is my mistake I will stick with 45.

Okay I need some help here ya'll, some opinions. I am waiting for a pm I reponded to before I saw j.browns offer. I'm going to at least wait untill I hear back from the pm to do anything. What I am wondering is would it be bad of me to set a time and see if anyone is willing to pay more? I know this isn't ebay, that is why I am struggling with this. I also want to be fair. So what should I do?

6. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

Oh I also would prefer paypal but it isn't a requirment as long as who ever buys it realizes I won't be able to mail it off untill I get the money, I'm so broke I can"t even pay attention. I figure the table top is included, but if you don't want it just let me know. Either way is fine by me

7. I have paypal and will pay immediately for the machine.

8. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

Okay I will give it untill 9:00pm tonight, sorry had to change it forgot about a doc appointment in the morning

9. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

okay jbrown hadn"t had a chance to see the machine because he was on his cell, so I have agreed to him lowering the bid to 350.00 plus 55.00 shipping. So if anyone can beat that, it's yours. One thing the hood is extremly stiff. It isn't welded or anything just stiff and I don't have sharping sticks that go with it. Any questions please pm me. And I'm stoppomg this at 9:00pm tomight, if you are pming me I will go by the time stamp on the pm, Good Luck Ya'll

10. WRBH

WRBH My 10pt

Okay J Brown, you got it, will text you with info :+

11. Cool! Please send the paypal invoice and I will pay ASAP!