1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Edge up right series. ED512

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by whitetail94, May 22, 2010.

1. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Mr. Carter, Mrs. Carter, or anybody else out there; if you have any pictures of mounts that you have done on this form ED512 can y'all please post some. I have a super short haired velvet buck to mount on this form this next week and would love to see some more pictures of mounts on this form. I would perfer to see some early season deer. I have been to WASCO's website and Rick and Nickie's site as well as the WASCO catalog.

Nickie, if you could post some pictures of the mount you did a year or so ago on the 400 series Edge upright that's in the WASCO catalog and on your website it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael L

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Will yours look like theirs when you get all done with it? Probably not. Rick is hard to copy.

3. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

I'm not trying to copy anyones work, I want to see some more pictures of deer mounted on this series of forms. It will be my first time mounting on one of Ricks forms and want to see pictures is all. Mr. T, do you have any pictures of deer that you have mounted on any of Ricks forms, if so post them. If not then there is no need for smart a$$ comments. A simple can't help you would have been sufficient, or just click the back button and look at another topic would have been nice.

I know that I am not up to Rick's caliber of work, but if he still competed in the professional division, that would not stop me from entering my mount into the same show that he was in. I will put my whitetail mount up against anyone out there, and when I get my butt handed to me, I will ask not only the judge for a critique but the guys or gals that won big for one as well. This is the best way to better your work. To get better at something you need to go up against the best there is. This drives most people to do their best work. I hope that one of these days Rick will be a judge at a competition that I have a deer mounted in so that I can get a critique from one of the best.

Again, if you don't have any pictures, There is no need for you to post on this topic. It has been read over 140 time and only one comment that did not add one cent of useful information, just HOT AIR.

Thanks,

Michael L

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

well excuse me sir, I just cant see why you need to see photos of a deer on a form before you buy it. Nobody else asks that question here, they just buy the form. Your outcome will look different then others that mount on that same form anyway. What if the only photo that gets posted for you is from someone just starting and learning, and it is a crummy clunker monunt job, would you still buy that form?

5. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

what I don't get is if there are pictures already on the WASCO site and nickies why do you need them again?
    Oh and you catch more fly's with honey than vinegar darling. ;)

6. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

I just wanted to see more pictures of mounts on this form, but never mind. I ordered the form a week and a half ago and received it last week, so no matter what pictures might be posted it would not stop me from getting the form and mounting this deer on it.

And that question has been asked here a many of times wanting pictures of mounts on certain forms. A lot of the relies to that question is usually see the ones in the catalogue, so I guess I should have expected this.

7. wetandwild

wetandwild New Member

Beginner's section. 7th whitetail. It's a clunker of a mount but I used a Rick Carter ED 411 if you'd like to check it out. I was going to reply earlier but mine's not a ED512 and I didn't think you'd find it helpful. I understand why you want pictures. I think it's fine. You're probably chawing at the bit to see what it will have the potential to look like. Maybe to help you decide on ear placement and subsequent eye shape. Anyhow have fun!

8. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

Thanks Crossway, for your 7th mount looking good. I read all the comments on your thread and all of them are great comments to help you improve your work. Again great mount for #7.

Michael L