1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

FYI

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by den007, May 23, 2010.

1. den007

den007 Active Member

I have severed all connection between myself and Black Forest Eyes. Enough BS is enough. I was always sincere about the product development. Unfortunately, such is not the case with my "partner" Mike aka Buck Rodgers. I and others sincerely tried to help him to the best of our abilities. Evidently, this was not enough. Now, the current gab is he sells only to "paying" customers allegedly in Austrailia and Holland. Some are going into Hummel figurines in Holland........26 mm fish eyes????? I would like to see those. I am sorry for ever promoting these eyes. These were and are a good product, but I feel the need to separate myself from their maker and promoter. It humbles me as a writer for years of dedication to what I thought would be a revolution in fish eyes. I remain disgruntled to say the least. I hope the wealthy Europeans will enjoy the product......if it in fact exists. Sorry Mike......you screwed a few here in the USA.

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Sorry to hear things didn't work out. There's always room for one more in the "cool kids" corner, just call WASCO and order some lenses. ;)

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Oh yeah...and change your avatar. ;D

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

We had warned you for how many years now Denny??? And all you could do is come up with some convoluted stories of why/how great Buck and his eyes were. You even took to slamming your competition (Jeff) who had came through on all his promises and then some.

If one person told you I could see some doubt left......but well over a 100 told you and you chose to fly the middle finger in their faces. If there is (in my personal opinion) one person you owe an appoligy to it would be Jeff Lumsden. Jeff promoted his product through quality and supplying the demand. You and Buck BOTH chose to run down this man because he was doing what at the time you 2 could not. You chose to degrade a man and his product to try and propel your own. You lost the game right there.

Good luck Denny...you do have a lot of heart.

5. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Good grief Den.

Ive typed out a response several times and erased it and now I realize the first sentence is good enough.

You burned the hell out of bridges with those eyes.

6. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

I know now is a chance for the " I told you so's". But Forgiveness is the high road and it is time to move forward. Denny get yourself some of Jeff's lenses and enjoy what the rest of us do quality products without the BS.

7. Cant help but laugh my ass off and say: I TOLD YOU SO!!! (I'll take the low road Gary)

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'll admit it was hard, but I kinda felt the same way as Gary. I'm glad to have friends like MP and Andy to do it for me though. ;)

9. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Well said Gary, I'll take the high road too. Good luck Den.

10. den007

den007 Active Member

I sit here at the end of a long hot day, feeling relieved in a sense. Although I have used a computer for business and it has been a blessing....my curse was never knowing manners on the darned thing. It was always way too easy to argue with anyone on here......not just about eyes, but anything. I chuckle when I remember the wrestling match I was challenged to, by a very good taxidermist.

I am being honest, and always was, in believing that Buck could produce some eyes. He could! I knew this, I think Tim Wynia knew this, and I got baited into it hook-line-and sinker.

When I got a duffel bag of the plastics......I was convinced. I think Tim was too. Since then......nothing but excuses.

I was in a position to help a person I consider a talented artist. I lashed out when the claim was made the design was "copied." This is not true, and anyone who has seen these eyes realizes it. So much for apologizing to JL.......he never did for me, but until then, was always a helpful ally, and I have made numerous complimentary posts on Liquid scales and his forms. Still use the stuff and always will.

I honestly thought Mike was a friend. We hung out....fished together.....and I freely shared technical adivice on how to construct the eyes.

My mistake.

I can take this in stride, since I do not depend on taxidermy or the industry for my well-being. I feel very let down that a "friend" would do this to me, and writing is one of the few ways I can vent. I appreciate all who have listened. The whole thing disturbs me greatly, and has taken a toll on my sleep and mood in general.

I was the chump in this fiasco. I am loyal to a fault, but in this case, the fault was mine.

If I do market any eyes in \the future, which I doubt, they will be of my own creation. However, as a retired teacher, I have a more relaxed agenda, and live in a beautiful setting where thoughts of business fall far by the wayside.

More time fishing......less trying to be the die-hard promoter I am not.

Still.....there are these guys in China that understand the physics of refraction and reflection.....and....???????

11. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

I just cant believe you didn't see through him when he freaked out on here. I mean he lost his freaking mind on here a lot and you got his back every time. I'm glad you finally saw it, I just cant believe it took so long. The guy is nuts medically. Also I lost a lot of respect for Wynia when he got on board. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU TWO THINKING???????????????????????????

12. Or when Buck called me out claiming I molded my eyes from his eyes. Not to mention the crank calls I got from a European number (Cant prove it was him but this was the same time claims were made)
    I could go on, but You made the right choice Den!

Good for you, we all have been fooled by someone once or twice.

13. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

or 3 or 4