1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

promoting MYSELF again!!! Hey somebody's gotta do it.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bobbi Meyer, May 26, 2010.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I don't advertise....I just toot my own horn! LOL

All kidding aside, if you want customers...let them know who you are and that you are serious about your art.

They edited a bit of it to make it fit, as I had another sentence or two in there...oh well, small price to pay for
    the article being free!

[​IMG]

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Renowned author, journalist, and newspaperman, Frank Bunker Gilbreth, Jr., went by the pen name of Ashley Cooper. One of his signature statements has a great deal of truth in it : "If you don't blow your own horn once in awhile, some people might think your battery is dead."

3. Bobbi Meyer

truer words never spoken George.

4. TNdeer

TNdeer Member

Great move! Good way to induce word-of-mouth advertising... I like it.

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Marketing at its finest. Good for you Bobbi!

6. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

You should have cropped that photo a little more and made it a little tighter on you and the deer. Not sure the other person in the picture does you much good... LOL ;) ;D

7. Toot Toot !! Good thinking Bobbi!

Bruce

8. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Very good, Bobbi!!!

9. paul e

paul e New Member

the whole thing was awesome the way it was done
    hats off to Glen,Yox, AND YOU Bobbi

10. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

Very cool Bobbi..

11. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

We get some of those mysterious "leaks" to the local newspaper around here too. ;D Good for you, Bobbi!

12. Nice article Bobbie.

Hey Bill, you're going to have to get back in the competition arena again, 1991 is getting a little outdated ;):)

13. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Good job Bobbi!!

So what do you do, call the newspaper up or just submit an article? I'm planning to take my lesson sometime this fall.

14. Bill Yox

Just let the local paper know. Tell them you studied privately with a "well known instructor" as his name isnt that pertinent. Make sure they see YOUR name and business name. Doing it now gives you that head start above your local competition. It does work. And most local papers are starving for news.

15. Becky P

Thanks Bill. I'm aimimg for Sept. but need to take to John again, just too much going on right now to go before then. Rifle season starts here in Nov. so that should time just about right.

16. Bobbi Meyer

we have such a little town that ANY news makes the paper...hell kids making snowmen makes the front page. I just contacted Becky and asked her if I could submit another article and she said SURE!!!
    I stopped and paid her yesterday for a congratulations to the golf team ad that I had put in the paper and what she said made perfect sense.
    I told her thanks for running the article and I guess I was tooting my own horn and she said " your not tooting your horn, you are letting people know that you are serious about what you do, and try to further your education with it, and since you don't have a storefront like some of the businesses here, there isn't anything wrong with letting people know who you are."

17. Bobbi Meyer

our paper usually runs a "get to know your local businesses" article in the fall, so I may jump on that one too.

18. Bill Yox

Just to clarify, make sure if youre pleased with his instruction that you tell all your taxidermist friends you liked Johns classes. I didnt mean not to promote him, just to promote YOU in the the article that goes to your clients...its THEN that the instructor, be it John, Bill, or whomever, isnt as important to the public. We want them to see the students name with no confusion.

19. Bobbi Meyer

I'd say make sure and put your business name in there, so if you have your business listed with google or yahoo or anything that they can look you up on the interenet by your business name.

20. Becky P

I definitely will.