1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Florida Turkey Hunt

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Memory Maker, May 27, 2010.

1. Memory Maker

Memory Maker New Member

I am looking for a osceola turkey hunt for spring 2011.I had the email address of someone off thius site but it got deleted.If anyone offers this service please let me know.Would prefer a hunt with-in a reasonable drive of Disney.One to two hours would be great.Thanksin advance.

2. bubba z

bubba z New Member

I have a good friend that has some of the best turkey hunting land around that guided several people last year and was 100percent kill.he has references and is a good guy . I think he is 1200 for 3 day hunts and can get you some hogs too most likely. His name is steve Sparkman and his cell is (386)931-2993 if you have some buddies you can probably work out a group rate. I'll vouch for him he will get you some shots at mature gobblers.He even video taped some hunts last year. It is just north if daytona so it is a couple of hours from Disney

3. Memory Maker

Memory Maker New Member

Thanks Bubba I will give him a call.

4. Memory Maker

Memory Maker New Member

Thanks for the P.M. Highlander.I only need a Oscseola to finish my Grand Slam.I will give your freind a call.

5. DCon

DCon New Member

Call this guy....he has good turkey hunts, hog hunts and deer hunts in Florida and GA. Jack Flowers 386-362-8324 tell him Tom Conely referred you. He's a good fellow and will treat you fair and show you a great hunt.

6. billb

billb Member

MM, if you're serious about completing your slam, you will want to be sure that your hunt is south of Ocala and preferably equal to or south of Orlando. With each passing year it seems that the birds are getting more and more Eastern and less Osceola. One of my employees lives and hunts Daytona area and the birds just don't have the spurs, nor does the wing barring reflect the Osceola. Turkey hunters in the North half of the state will not like my comment, but I'm just telling you what we're seeing...

I know a few people that book hunts in Seminole, Osceola, and Hardee counties which produce nice birds. Prices are comparible with what has been mentioned. If you have interest you can pm me. Don't mean to offend any of my fellow Floridians, but just thought I'd share this info...

7. bubba z

bubba z New Member

According to the nwtf any turkey from st Augustine south and not in the panhandle is recognized as an Osceola subspecies. And north of there is a cross or recognized as an eastern strain .about every mature bird around daytona has spurs indicative of it's age and I and several people my buddie took killed birds over 1.25" and some around 1.75" and all had the Osceola wing barring. Ken (Idaho bison) asked me to take his buddy last year and he missed a few gobblers because his sight fell off his shotgun he borrowed mine and limited out on nice gobblers in 3 days and me and my buddies killed several more and all had the wing barring and decent spurs. About any 3 yr old has 1.25" spurs plus and older birds can have a lot longer spurs.