1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Right and wrong

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by catman, May 28, 2010.

1. catman

catman Active Member

I found a picture of a cat I mounted on another guys website today. This is twice this has happened that I know of. Some one photographed it at SCI in a booth and photoshopped the background and most of the rock out. I had a guy call me and ask about certain cougar poses, then he told me he took his cat to so and so. I googled the studio while I was talking to him and discovered my cat in his Gallery. This would fall under the category of wrong to me, or am I just being old fashioned?

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Of course.........

Of course it's wrong....call him out right here so we can see who the thief is. I did so a couple of years ago on here on a picture I took of a fellow taxidermist's fish only to find it on someone else's website a year later. He was called out and the picture was removed.

It is wrong.

Kerby...

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

If you think about it, it's the highest form of flatery, although wrong to the core.

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Not only is it wrong, it is illegal. If it were me I would ask that it be removed immediately, and I probably wouldn't be very nice about it.

5. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

kick his ass

6. Bobbi Meyer

I wonder if there is some way...well I'm sure there is, that won't allow a person to copy a picture, I just don't know how it would be programmed..
    you know you get the nice little warning " you do not have permission "

7. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

WRONG! but then again so is using someone else fish for a comp, or using someones mold and claiming you did it, or having some alter a form for you and you claim you did it, or having someone cast a head of a "critter" and using it and then claiming you did the whole thing. There are a ton of things that are wrong and many more that can be named. Sorry it has happened to you again! I guess in a way its a "compliment" yet an insult at the same time. Good luck on getting it straightened out. Dan

8. There is a no right-clicky code you can put with your pics on your site, but they are still saved in your internet history files. I say punch him in the FACE.

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Sounds logical to me. I'm with Codi!

10. catman

catman Active Member

He took the picture at SCI> I will be back in a couple of days. He could not be reached for comment so you guys mull it over till I get back.
    Phil

11. I would definitely confront him about it. In my opinion he "crossed the line".

12. antlerman

Sounds like Phil is taking a road trip! ut oh

13. Bobbi Meyer

I'll bring the beer!!

14. psycho

Well if I can get Phil to come here..... ???

Hey Phil is it OK if I put one of your fantastic felines on my website? LOL ;) Dang guess it would help if I had a website. I just thought as soon as he showed up he would be ready to work on a cat.... LOL Heck of a seminar.. LOL ;D

Good luck on getting the crap straightened out. I know a guy that had Jody Green mount a deer for him and then he shows it to people to act like its his work. A lot of people know him for doing that kind of crap. At least he has one good looking deer in his place though... Dan

15. antlerman

No Dan, Jody didn't mount my deer, Yox did!! Remember, you were here. LOL

16. psycho

HA HA HA.. No I'm not talking about you. Thats funny! You know exactly who I am talking about. LOL

17. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Old Fashioned You bet you are.
    Old Fashioned Honesty and Integrity
    Wrong as it can be. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ASK ABOUT THIS THIS YOU KNOW IT IS PHIL.
    Name him, he wants the publicity of your photo's to enhance his reputation he deserves this notoriety also.
    ;D

18. I agree with Dennis. Post his name and let the flogging begin.

19. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Searching the websites of Ohio taxidermists one time I came across a site that had pictures posted of MANY others work. I let all of them know. the guy doesn't show his face anywhere anymore.

20. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

One of Ray Hatfields Lions made the same azzholes web site. I sent it to Ray yesterday once I got home from work, and I want to thank the person who tipped us off to this bullchit.

http://www.ganderstaxidermy.com/ALS/AFRICAN%20LIFE-SIZE.html