1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

turkey wire

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by walleyehunter621, Jun 2, 2010.

1. walleyehunter621

walleyehunter621 New Member

Where does everybody get there wire for legs and wings? Is there a place besides taxidermy supply companies? Do you need galvanized wire?

2. swills

swills New Member

1/4" allthread from the hardware store for the legs.

3. walleyehunter621

walleyehunter621 New Member

apparently everbody gets there wire through taxidermy supply companies, i need 14,10 and 6 gauge unthreaded.

4. mark11

mark11 now accepting new wholesale clients

i get 9 guage wire at lowes it is about $10 for 50 feet of it, and i get 200 feet of 14 guage wire at tractor supply for about the same price haven't found 10 guage yet or 6 ut off hand can't think of anything i would use 6 for with the acception of maybe a hanger wire and for me the 9 guage doubled up is plenty heavy enough and is easier to work with. galvanized wire is stiffer than annealed wire giving a little more strength, but beyond that the galvanization is just to make the wire rust resistent and isn't necessary in taxidermy the mount may be wet when the wire goes in but the piece dries fast enough that it isn't going to affect the wire.